This place is dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LexingtonDiver:
Sure is quiet in the Kentucky Scuba World lately.

Anybody have a Dec.or Jan. Keys or maybe Blackbeards trip in the works?
jbisjim up in michigan has one in the works for Cozumel at the end of January.......then there's a singles trip to Coz March 17th, either as a long weekend or a full week trip. You can PM jbisjim or for the singles trip check the thread on the singles forum.

LexingtonDiver:

E-mail from LDS states they have a Thanksgiving trip in the works. Your right, sure is dead around here. Anyone know of any trips in the Nov. 6-14 time frame?

" " WWW.LouisvilleDiveCenter.com
Panama City
Thanksgiving Weekend

Nov. 25, 26, 27
2 days Boat Diving
Tanks & Air Fills
3 Nights lodging on the Beach (double occupancy)
$350.00 Per Person

We will leave Louisville on Wednesday night and stop at Vortex Thursday Morning to dive the spring. We will drive into PCB on Thursday afternoon and check into the motel.

We are going to try to dive a 4 hour trip on Friday and a 6 hour trip on Saturday conditions and weather permitting.

The trip is $25.00 less if you don’t dive at Vortex on Thursday.

The trip does not include transportation or equipment rental " "

Land Locked:
E-mail from LDS states they have a Thanksgiving trip in the works. Your right, sure is dead around here. Anyone know of any trips in the Nov. 6-14 time frame?

" " WWW.LouisvilleDiveCenter.com
Panama City
Thanksgiving Weekend

Nov. 25, 26, 27
2 days Boat Diving
Tanks & Air Fills
3 Nights lodging on the Beach (double occupancy)
$350.00 Per Person

We will leave Louisville on Wednesday night and stop at Vortex Thursday Morning to dive the spring. We will drive into PCB on Thursday afternoon and check into the motel.

We are going to try to dive a 4 hour trip on Friday and a 6 hour trip on Saturday conditions and weather permitting.

The trip is $25.00 less if you don’t dive at Vortex on Thursday.

The trip does not include transportation or equipment rental " "
A few more details on that trip:

We will dive Vortex on Thursday, possibly the Black Bart or Strength on Friday and weather permitting one of the Liberty Ships (6 hour trip) on Saturday.

ZoCrowes255:
A few more details on that trip:

We will dive Vortex on Thursday, possibly the Black Bart or Strength on Friday and weather permitting one of the Liberty Ships (6 hour trip) on Saturday.

You guys are driving through the night and diving with no sleep after a 12 hr. drive?

Hope you guys aren't doing the cave.

Black Bart is always nice. But don't forget it's lobster season, you might want to bump one day up to a 6 or 8 hr. trip to some further out sites.

Where do you guys stay in PC? Who do you dive with? Hydro, PCDC, etc. etc....
does the 350 also include the meals?

If you're diving with Hydro don't forget Scotty owns Billy's oyster bar right down from the new Hydro. Go down have a col-one with him in the evening.

LexingtonDiver:

I'm going to Carolina in my mind, does that count??? :eyebrow:

We usually get about 6 hours of asleep. We have been running this trip for over 15 years we have most of the details ironed out by now :-D

We mainly use Vortex for openwaters if I had my choice we would bypass it completely and go down into PC.

We usually dive with Hydrospace but we've gone out with PCDC in the past. We do quite a bit with Scotty.

I have spent quite a bit of money over at Billy's on their Oysters and they were well worth it.

Up until last year we owned a place in PCB and spent most of my summers there. I probably have more saltwater dives there than anywhere else.

If you are over in Louisville from Lexington stop in and say hello

LexingtonDiver:

I am trying to get my dad to go the the Keys with me in late Feb. for a couple of days of diving, any suggestions. I only have a couple of dives logged since my cert. I would like some place that is small group setting since I have not dove in the ocean yet. Both of my previous dives were in Mermet Springs quarry in Southern Ill. Pretty cool dives though they got a lot of stuff to see and great training platforms to work on skills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom