Which Wenoka knife is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darious

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I found this Wenoka at the bottom yesterday and was wondering if anyone could tell me which model it was.
After cleaning the salt off of it the blade looks to be in great shape. In fact the only thing that looks to be damaged is the copper screw near the top of the hilt. I'm wondering what the model of this is so I can try and find a replacement part.

Attachments

• knifefrombottom.jpg
    knifefrombottom.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,557
Still might be hard enough for slashing a villian's air hose or taking on an adversary who is armed only with a broken Betty Crocker knife or EMT shears. Sorry I can't help with the model.

It may be a piece of junk (since new knives are selling for $10-$20 on eBay) but it's the first piece of junk that I found on the bottom. :)

Anyone know where I might begin to look for a replacement blade screw?

dont know about a replacement screw; easy to make though; what caught my eye is the us navy sheath. put the knife in a curio cabinet since you found it, keep the sheath and find a MK3Mod0 to go with it; then you will have something. I still have one after 20 years and they are awesome;

Hi There,

I Don't know if you ever found an answer about the Model Number...

BUT... Just an FYI....

That Button, Spring AND Screw ARE Removable

Why you might ask, WELL… AFTER you have the Screw, Spring & Button Removed...

Grab the blade AND Give it A STURDY YANK BECAUSE that blade IS ALSO MEANT to be REMOVABLE!!!

So that you can RINSE the entire thing in PEICES in FRESH Water to get all that nasty salt out to keep the metal pieces from corroding!!!

MOST ALL of the WENOKA Blackie Collins knives are able to be broken down and all the parts cleaned individually!

Oh YAH, And AFTER you have the blade REMOVED - - - CHECK out the base of the blade... There SHOULD be a MODLE Number on it!

Sorry can't help you there. But I would take it to a dive shop in your area and see if they know what it might be; and you might could get it fixed there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom