Legacy behind the USD Sea Hawk?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

castanagajt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
As I have been reading there are many old school divers that will swear up and down for their trusty Sea Hawk. And I tried to find a history about this knife throughout the internet, but I can't find anything except that it is vintage. It is amazing that there are so many knives made throughout the years and this knife gets mentioned again and again.

Was it issued to a decorated group in some War? The design looks like a clipper bowie type knife. When was it produced and were there models and options as to color for them? Was there many in circulation? Was it made in USA? When was the last Sea Hawk made? Did it have an origin of design and name behind it? What made this knife so legendary and what was its competitors of its time. Also, what does these knives usually run for on value?

If you can add some other random information, that would be great. Things I would like to know about this knife, soon I will be a proud owner of Sea Hawk.

I have one that I dove with for twenty or thirty years. Mine is made in Japan. My girlfriend has a similar Dacor made in Solingen, Germany also a take apart and a great knife. It is from the same era.

The most notable dive knife from those times was the Randall, made in Orlando, Florida (it is still in production). A Randall and a stainless steel Rolex were the iconic diver symbols of those pioneering days. Savvy divers never wore those big knives on their legs. They were just too heavy.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoyed mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom