Crazy new Wasp Knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BMR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone seen this yet? It's crazy! Basically a knife with a 12 gram cartridge allowing you to discharge gas into something that needs a good stabbing and exploding.

Here's a vid of it being used on a watermelon:
WASP Injection Systems, Inc. - WASP Injection Knife

The kicker: It's being marketed as a dive knife! You know, for stabbing sharks and such.

From their site:

As divers, we all know what the effects of compressed gas are underwater. Our training teaches us that our lungs would burst from over-inflation if we held our breath and rose to the surface. This principle is key to the effectiveness of the WASP Injection System.

This weapon injects a freezing cold ball of compressed gas, approximately the size of a basketball, at 800psi nearly instantly. The effects of this injection will drop many of the world's largest land predators. The effects of the compressed gas not only cause over-inflation during ascent when used underwater, but also freezes all tissues and organs surrounding the point of injection on land or at sea. When used underwater, the injected gas carries the predator to the surface BEFORE blood is released into the water. Thus giving the diver added protection by diverting other potential predators to the surface.

Take a look at the bottom of this page :D :D :D

btw do realy think you can come that close to an atacking preditor.:confused:
and respond accordingly.

and respond accordingly.

Ah indeed!

Stupid scubaboard and the "Has this already been asked?" button!

:rofl3:

O well it's just an other knife.:D

The idea is comical, something I wouldn't waste my money on.

"The WASP is ideally suited for:

Special Op's Troops (Land or Sea)
Downed Pilots Stranded In Open Water
or Remote Forests
Military Survival Kits
S.W.A.T. and Special Police "

I would like to see how a police force would be treated in media when using this knife to stab people..

Has anyone seen this yet? It's crazy! Basically a knife with a 12 gram cartridge allowing you to discharge gas into something that needs a good stabbing and exploding.
Yeah, I really want one - but not because I'm a diver.

and respond accordingly.
I dunno...at least as close as you to do attacking the "spell check" button :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom