Gerber Moray knife - anyone use one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OkinawaRush

Reaction score
I bought this last year and have taken it on less than a dozen dives and have attempted to take good care of it (I have). However, it's rusting every time I bring it back. I'll come out of the water, pack up my gear in a Rubbermaid, take the stuff back home, and clean it. The knife has rust spots on it! I can scour them off, but I'm rather pissed that a knife which is supposed to go in salt water is apparently completely ill-adapted to it.

Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong? I am going to write the company and ask because I expected better from a knife company like Gerber.

I have one, use my River Shorty 99% more often though.
The steel in Gerber's Moray is a tad harder than the "standard" SS that has more nickel, it'll hold a better edge longer than the softer SS in the "rust free" blades. It's a bit of a trade off, you get a better blade but it requires a bit more attention.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom