Gerber MK II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zeN||

Reaction score
Anyone else use a MK II? It is a longer knife, but I spearfish and use it for delivering the coup de grace, and like a little more length, I put serrations on the back side with a line cutter, looks great, and despite the wussies who like to carp about people with bigger knifes, it rocks; a knife has a thousand uses, taking a cheap 98 cent knife will fail during many kinds of emergencies zeN||

Well....it has enough lenght to ensure you can reach the vitals of any dive buddy who makes you mad from the front or back....but I'd be one of those who argue it's a bit too much knife for diving.

On the plus side, it will hold an edge. The stainless steel used in most dive knives won't hold an edge worth a darn. 440 stainless is really bad in this regard and I can understand your frustration in finding a decent dive knife.

My favorite dive knife is a Scubapro Stilletto. It has a 4 1/2 inch blade that will hold a razor sharp edge and has a serrated edge on one side for heavier jobs. It has the same basic Sykes-Fairburn design that was common on fighting knives, but scaled down to a practical and diveable size. The down side is that it has not been produced since the mid-eighties. The plastic sheath broke years ago, but the replacement made from nylon webbing, a brass strip and surgical tubing works better anyway.

Sorry aquaman, but when I dive with scuba puppies that are skeerd of my big knife, I take my oceanic titanium with serrated edge, I believe it is 6" blade, and its slim design is guaranteed to minimize discomfort to fellow divers who contort, twist and flatulate upon observing my big buoy :)) zeN||

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom