In Search of a small Titanium BC Knife- anybody know of any?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoupart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,
I've been looking for a small BC titanium knife- I have a large titanium knife for my leg, but I think smaller is better and would really like to find a good BC knife that was as durable and easy to maintain as my current knife.
Does anybody know of any knives like this?

Apollo make a couple of nice titanium BC knives. I have one, and am very happy with it.

Aquatec T-rex. titanium or stainless. BC mount or leg/arm straps..Very nice and light and alittle expensive..Check it out on thediveoutfitters.ca

The ocean master folding one is nice and compact and is so sharp you can shave with it right out of the box !

Axeman once bubbled...
The ocean master folding one is nice and compact and is so sharp you can shave with it right out of the box !

Are folding knives easy to use underwater? I haven't used one because I always thought it would be difficult with gloves on.

:arrow:

toomuchair once bubbled...
Aquatec T-rex. titanium or stainless. BC mount or leg/arm straps..Very nice and light and alittle expensive..Check it out on thediveoutfitters.ca

I have a T-Rex, and it is a great little knife and very easy to handle and use.

Wenoka makes a nice dive knife it not your normal scuba gear name but i realy like it alot its call the Little Squeeze. I like the why it locks down and can still get at it with my heavy gloves on. To unlock the knight both sides of the handle have to be squeezed to get it to unlock. So to take it out you just grip that handle and your ready to rock and role. No flips or buttens.
If you all have the time to look it up let me know what you think of it. Personly i like it and will not be changing to another knife unless i lose it or some major faults are found

I have a question about the titanium. I know it is good to protect from the rust but how durable are they. I was going to buy the Ocean Master Titanium Knife and the shop owner told me to reconsider so here I am asking for everyones opinion. He said that each time I dive the knife gets weaker and weaker especially at greater depths...

Is this true and if so what knife is good against rust and tough enough to last for a long time???

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom