Using a Wenoka Dive Knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DB83

Registered
Reaction score
I just bought a wenoka dive knife. It's a stainless steel knife. The retailer told me that I should be using some kind of silicone spray to protect the knife. Can someone explain this to me? Also, he said that the same silicone spray can be used to protect wetsuits, masks, pretty much everything that you use for scuba diving.
Can someone elaborate on its effects and also how?

its called food grade silicon, no you cant eat it. but its very good to prevent corrosion, and keeps all the rubber parts soft and supple.
So after thoroughly cleaning all your gear after diving, and after drying you put a small amount all over your knife and it helps prevent rusting. Also you can put it on your hoses, mask any rubber parts.

DB83:
I just bought a wenoka dive knife. It's a stainless steel knife. The retailer told me that I should be using some kind of silicone spray to protect the knife. Can someone explain this to me? Also, he said that the same silicone spray can be used to protect wetsuits, masks, pretty much everything that you use for scuba diving.
Can someone elaborate on its effects and also how?

The silicone spray is used to keep the knife from rusting. All stainless knives will rust to some extent due to their carbon content which is necessary to hold an edge.You can get the silicone spray most anywhere. I wouldn't spray the silicone on my dive gear. Washing it off properly will be sufficient. Silicone spray is not necessary, as a thin coat of oil will prevent rust. Even olive oil will work if that's all you have.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom