BC Knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody mounted their knife to their BC? I was wondering if anybody mounted a knife to their inflator hose on the BC. Just checkin, I have a blunt Wenok Squeeze knife and didnt want to be causing any trouble with my BC. Any suggestions?

I too have a Wenoka Squeeze Knife. I have it attached to the inflator hose (by the exhaust port) on my SQ ProQD+ with fat zip-ties.

Although the ProQD+ comes with grommets to attach a knife above the left pocket, I did not like my knife there. I had no problem when pulling the knife out from the sheath, BUT I felt really uncomfortable putting the knife back into the sheath, especially if there was any kind of surge.

But, with the knife on the inflator hose:
- I'm able to use both hands (move knife to sheath, and sheath to knife) to put the knife back in sheath.
- I like the fact that I can pull the sheath away from myself as I replace the knife.

I and most of the people I dive with have mounted their knives there, as it is a place that you can reach with either hand. It is also easily seen by you and your buddies and as stated above you can return it to its sheath without too much worry about stabing something.

I have the Wenoka Squeeze Lock knife mounted on the corrugated inflator hose and it works great for me.

Make that three votes for " Wenoka Squeeze Lock knife mounted on the corrugated inflator hose"

I wear my back up knife on my HP hose right above the console. You have to be careful, some knives interfere with a compass. I would never mount my knife on the corrugated inflator hose because I need to raise the hose above my head to dump sometimes and also, that hose isn't the strongest in the world.

Scott

I mounted my UK Trigger knife on my BC pocket... Never had any problems... The LP hose just seemed odd to me

Back
Top Bottom