Halcyon webbing knife sheath - best way to stow knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Birdman

Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could advise as to the best way to set up the Halcyon webbing knife sheath. My trusty Underwater Kinetics knife fits perfectly. The sheath comes with a short length of bungie. If one ties this around the knife handle and the webbing the knife stays put. Stowing the knife is a little awkward with this system as one has to work the bungie around the handle but perhaps it becomes second nature with practice.

the Halcyon knife sheath is not tight fitting so I use the bungee... but on my other rig I have sheath that I made out of weightbelting folded over and hand sewn... it is tight enough to hold my paring knife without using a bungee.

They might have redesigned them but the one I got a few weeks ago is very snug with the akona knife I already had. (same one Halcyon sells but I already had it) Mine didn't come with the bungie and I won't need to add it because it is tight enough to hold it.

Good luck.

Chad

I have 2 which are very tight. Scubapro makes a very nice little blunt tipped knife that fits perfectly. I'm not certain my sheaths are actually made by Halcyon though. The store where I got them carries primarily Halcyon gear but there's no marking on the sheaths.

Tom

Thanks much guys. I guess my UK knife doesn't fit so perfectly afterall. I think I'll try to do a little bit of sewing so that it fits tightly and consider adding a flap to the bungie keeper.

Chris

I use a sheath that I had from one of my Mini-Mag Lites. It fits my FaberWare steak knife perfect without any bungee.

I also made a sheath out of weight belt webbing that was glued together.

Both work good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom