Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Which Wenoka knife is this?

New User

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    25 - 49

Which Wenoka knife is this?

I found this Wenoka at the bottom yesterday and was wondering if anyone could tell me which model it was.
    After cleaning the salt off of it the blade looks to be in great shape. In fact the only thing that looks to be damaged is the copper screw near the top of the hilt. I'm wondering what the model of this is so I can try and find a replacement part.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

SEI/CMAS Instructor Trainer

Photos
    Don't bother. The steel is pretty soft and subject to bending very easily. I had one like it in the mid 80s.
    The Devil's in the details.

Disclaimer: All discussion of value, by me or anyone else, is opinion.

For a comprehensive approach to diving education, check out Scuba Educators International (SEI) Diving.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Still might be hard enough for slashing a villian's air hose or taking on an adversary who is armed only with a broken Betty Crocker knife or EMT shears. Sorry I can't help with the model.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    25 - 49
    Quote Originally Posted by james croft View Post
    Still might be hard enough for slashing a villian's air hose...
    I don't know. Those air hoses are made of some pretty tough rubber for a Wenoka.

New User

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    25 - 49
    It may be a piece of junk (since new knives are selling for $10-$20 on eBay) but it's the first piece of junk that I found on the bottom.

Anyone know where I might begin to look for a replacement blade screw?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

dont know about a replacement screw; easy to make though; what caught my eye is the us navy sheath. put the knife in a curio cabinet since you found it, keep the sheath and find a MK3Mod0 to go with it; then you will have something. I still have one after 20 years and they are awesome;

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by Darious View Post
    I found this Wenoka at the bottom yesterday and was wondering if anyone could tell me which model it was.
    It looks like an old Z-Lock

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    0 - 24
    Hi There,

I Don't know if you ever found an answer about the Model Number...

BUT... Just an FYI....

That Button, Spring AND Screw ARE Removable

Why you might ask, WELL… AFTER you have the Screw, Spring & Button Removed...

Grab the blade AND Give it A STURDY YANK BECAUSE that blade IS ALSO MEANT to be REMOVABLE!!!

So that you can RINSE the entire thing in PEICES in FRESH Water to get all that nasty salt out to keep the metal pieces from corroding!!!

MOST ALL of the WENOKA Blackie Collins knives are able to be broken down and all the parts cleaned individually!

Oh YAH, And AFTER you have the blade REMOVED - - - CHECK out the base of the blade... There SHOULD be a MODLE Number on it!

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    0 - 24
    Sorry can't help you there. But I would take it to a dive shop in your area and see if they know what it might be; and you might could get it fixed there.
    <THE GAME>