Kudos to all who are helping and have helped in New Orleans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobaltbabe

Diva of the Deep
Reaction score
I don't know if there are any SB members who have helped in this disaster, but I would like to say thank you for taking care of our fellow man. It is greatly appreciated.

First off I am not going to even respond to your comment Rollie. It truly isn't worth it. Secondly with all that is going on with the current weather conditions I hope everyone is safe. You are in my thoughts at least.

cobaltbabe:
I don't know if there are any SB members who have helped in this disaster, but I would like to say thank you for taking care of our fellow man. It is greatly appreciated.

Well, I havent helped "yet" but I have spent the last 1 1/2 weeks trying to get in touch with someone from FEMA about me becoming a vendor for them. I have allot of experience in the modular housing/temp housing field as well as project management. I have the crew(s) ready to go, an RV to stay in for now, ill even haul my new Bobcat down there to help in the cleanup (1,475 miles one way).

Despite the calls I have made and emails I have sent, I have come to 2 conclusions.......1) you have to already be in the system BEFORE a disaster because they dont answer the phones/email following one. 2) FEMA is only intrested in large company's that can throw 50+ people at a site, not 8-10 that do it for a living.

Oh well, I hope that somehow everyone comes out of this mess a bit better for it.

We appreciate the positive thoughts. Things are getting better in this area Cobaltbabe. Our coworker who had an apartment in Jefferson Parish, he stayed in our guest room from the Wednesday after Katrina hit until the Sunday after Rita hit, was able to move back in. Our coworkers who have only a pile of debris are finally having complete claims submitted to their insurance companies - typically it's been 30 to 40 days after landfall before they've been able to meet with an adjustor.

Traffic in the Baton Rouge area is thinning out as some places are being opened back up for habitiation, where habitation still exists and can be made habitable, but it's still greater than it was pre-Katrina. No hotel room vacancies in sight yet though for anyone thinking of visiting the area.

mikswi, I don't think I would ever make a good government employee - I find corporate buraucracy maddening enough, and that's for folks who are in business for a profit!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom