A BIG Thank You to Conch Republic Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lisa0825

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Last week I made my first trip to the Florida Keys. It was to be my first time diving after getting my OW cert. Things didn't go so well on Friday. I had issues with my BC and didn't end up getting under. Visibility also sucked and very high winds were on the way. I posted on SB asking if anyone knew of anything inland (springs or whatever) worth driving to to try to salvage one day of diving. I left the name of my hotel and asked for a call if anyone had suggestions.

Saturday afternoon, the owner of Conch Republic called me personally and said he'd read my post and wanted to help out. He said the weather would be improving for Sunday, and that I could go out with them with an instructor, and he'd make sure I was well taken care of.

When I got there, the man who was working the desk knew about me already and said he was told to take good care of me. Everyone was extremely nice and very professional. Andy, the instructor gave a very thorough briefing, and I finally got underwater! The conditions were pretty choppy, and I still had some difficulty, but overall, it was a great learning experience for me.

My confidence had been shaken on the previous attempt, but the staff of Conch Republic was so encouraging and professional that they really put me at ease. I really appreciated the extra attention, and especially taking the time to call me personally. When I get out that way again, I will definitely be hooking up with Conch Republic again.

gary is a great guy and always helpful whenever i had a boating(dive site) question.
Conch Republic divers is always a great choice for picking a diveshop

I really enjoyed my diving with Gary & Brenda last March. Glad you had a similar experience with them.

wow, excellent to hear!

thanks for the post

Back
Top Bottom