Congratulations to Capt. Jim Wyatt, 40 yrs WOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mselenaous

Island girl
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Key Largo, FL... Dive Capital of the World
# of dives
I just don't log dives
02b08c03d699f96ecee4b3819f29d6a8.jpg
Congrats, that's alot years and many many students.
Glad to call you my friend.

He's such a nice old fart, I meant salt. He's an old salt. That's what I mean. If you ever get down to the Keys, try to get to dive on the Speigel Grove with him. He served for two years as their Gunnery Officer.

Met Jim in an IRC channel, LONG before I ever moved to Florida. He actually helped me pick my first used reg set (that I bought off ebay). Didn't know it was him till I read his profile on the Cave Country Dive Shop web site, a good 10 years after I first spoke with him in the IRC Scuba chat room.

Tim

Congratulations Jim; my first PADI Instructor card, #4875, is also from 40 years ago; I had been a YMCA instructor for several years before that. As I recall, in its earliest days, PADI invited instructors from other agencies to join, and I remember doing that while I was on active duty in the Navy....sent the paperwork in from the USS Coral Sea around the time of "Operation Frequent Wind"....the evacuation of Saigon. That event from 40 years ago is in the news lately, too!

Would love to join that Spree4All; checked it out; unfortunately I have a schedule conflict I can't clear. By the way mselenaous, the signature block on your post says "June 2015" for the event, but the Spree4All link says late July....

Congratulations from one old geezer to another!

Back
Top Bottom