Thanks to Scubaboard!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phoenix31tt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Took longer than expected but I finally have 100+ dives. This post is to thank all the members of Scubaboard who contributed to my diving development. And a special thanks to TSandM for providing some great advice and inspiration and Jim Lapenta who also provided great advice and helped alot with gear advice/configuration/sale etc.

The reason I thought to do this is because i recently spent 3 weeks in Grand Cayman and could not get enough kudos from fellow divers, dive masters, instructors etc. Not just the way I dive but the way I was always prepared for everything. Honestly, I have always been commended by fellow divers and dive masters for my diving. What was really surprising was when I got major kudos from a TDI Instructor (cave, sidemount etc) who led a dive I was on and refused to believe I had no technical training whatsoever. He is eager to do some technical training when I return and insists I would be his easiest student ever.

ScubaBoard has always been my go to source for advice on diving and improving my diving, between these forums, general research, watching youtube videos and practicing every single dive I would say I have become a very proficient diver. I don't think i have any good video to post of myself as my wife hasn't started back diving with her camera yet and the gopro is usually in my hands. I just have this screenshot for now:

vlcsnap-2015-06-29-16h59m47s56.jpg

So... thanks to all you guys... and I will continue to improve my diving with every dive... hopefully when I comb through 3 weeks of footage I might find a vid or two of what I look like in motion.

M

Thank you for the thanks, but what's most important is that your post makes it clear you are having great fun diving -- which is what better skills are all about! (And kudos to you, because those skills don't come without a decision to gain them, and some diligent practice.)

that's a very nice shout out and letter of commendation for scuba board et al.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom