August "Dine-n-Dive"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Heeeeyyyy there, Looney Birds !!!

OK, let's start planning the August "Dine-n-Dive".

How do you guys feel about having it up at Loch-Low-Minn in Athens, TN?

It's about a 2.5 hour drive north of the Roswell/Alpharett area.

Nice dive site. Depth maxes out at ~75' with good vis all the way to the bottom. Temps at the bottom will hit about 54 degrees F.

They have compressors and can do nitrox fills.

Ya get to stop in at the Mayfield Dairy plant on the way up and get some good ice cream.

There are two "cabins" available for rent and camping is available (tent, no hookups).

Let's define a location and then we'll determine a date.

. . . but right now I'm eyeballing Saturday, August 5th.

the K

Sounds like a plan to me. Loch-Low-Minn is a "hidden" jewel. I had never heard about it until late last year and have drove up twice now to dive it. Loch-Low-Minn is a beautiful sight if you have never been there you are really missing out. You are assigned a table/setup area, drive your vehicle down to unload then drive back up to the top of the hill to park (small hill). Now get this, for air/nitrox fills the staff at Loch-Low-Minn come and pickup your tanks, fill them then deliver them back!

The whole area is lovely. The Mayfield icecream is the best. It is worth the trip just to get a cone if it.

The quarry is the cleanest quarry that I have ever dove. I couldn't belive the vis the first time I was there.

Loch-Low-Minn would make a great place to have the August Dine-n-Dive.

Anyone have any other suggestions???

Jeremy

Hmmm... i'd like to make this, i'll have to think about it though. My 21st birthday is the day before and i'm likely going to be a mess saturday morning. What time were you guys thinking about getting in the water?

DawgDiver:
Hmmm... i'd like to make this, i'll have to think about it though. My 21st birthday is the day before and i'm likely going to be a mess saturday morning. What time were you guys thinking about getting in the water?

We'll all chip in and get a 130 cf tank full of 100% O2 to breathe on the way up!! :D

the K

We can work the logistics out as we go, but if we caravan, I'd like to leave the Roswell/Alpharetta area no later than 0800 hours Saturday morning.

the K

Haha... the 02 might help. I'll see, I might be crashing in Kennesaw that night, so i may make it. The next weekend would be a for sure... but i'll see what I can do.

The 12th would work, also.

OK, just for poor, pitiful, hungover Dawg's sake we'll set it for the 12th.

That good with everyone?

the K

I'll have to see what the new position brings as far as availability, but if I am at home and not traveling on Monday after...I'm in!

Mike

I will go ahead and make plans to meet with yall in Tn. Keep me updated on this trip. My wife may join me if not I will bring a dive buddy. We have never dived in TN before so I think it will be nice. If you need to car pool or something we will have some extra space...Just depends if my wife will let me take her bus...LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom