Lost Gear at Diveland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gander

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everybody,

At Diveland this past weekend, 8/5/06, a guy drove off with part of his farmer john wetsuit on his fender. It fell off but we couldn't catch the guy. We kept the piece of the wetsuit for the remainder of the day and was told by other people that the guy was from Cartersville, GA.

The name inside the wetsuit is Ray. No other information. As most of you know, John (the owner) is not the friendliest guy and he told us he was shutting down the quarry in 2 weeks. Therefore, I didn't want to the leave the suit with him.

I am going to check with Southern Swim and Scuba (Cartersville dive shop) to see if they know who this guy may be. If anybody out there knows of a Ray that lives in Cartersville, GA and was diving this past weekend, please let me know.

Thanks,

Greg

They are shutting down Diveland in two weeks?

is this an "end of season" shutdown or closing permanently? Reason I was asking about permanent closure is that the property/quarry is for sale right now, so that seems obvious it might happen.

did they say why the shutdown/sale also?

John told us that he would be open every other weekend. Then later, we were at the local scuba shop getting air and the scuba shop owner told us that John had told him that he was closing down in 2 weeks.

Who knows what the truth is. John did say that he was opening a restaurant in Jacksonville.

I hope that Diveland doesn't close. It is definitely one of my favorite quarries. It has tremendous potential if it was run right.

Greg

gander:
John told us that he would be open every other weekend. Then later, we were at the local scuba shop getting air and the scuba shop owner told us that John had told him that he was closing down in 2 weeks.

Who knows what the truth is. John did say that he was opening a restaurant in Jacksonville.

I hope that Diveland doesn't close. It is definitely one of my favorite quarries. It has tremendous potential if it was run right.

Greg

For $910,000 bucks, it can "be all yours". that's the asking price for it.

I hate to see it close. But it's a hard business to run.

Back
Top Bottom