Faber LP 95s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dyarab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all,

I have a set of Faber LP 95's that I recently acquired, among other things, from someone who no longer dives for my transition to technical diving. I basically bought them cause the deal was to good to pass up. The problem is, shortly after I acquired them, I acquired a set of PST 120's and no longer require the 95s.

Would anybody be interested in the double 95s? See following info on tanks:

Both tanks are out of hydro and VIP, and they would obviously need O2 cleaned as well (I believe the last hydro was in 2000). I was gonna do this, but acquiring the 120's pushed this to the back burner obviously. They have a Dive Rite isolation manifold. They have 1.75 inch bands of which I do not know the brand.

They are white, of course... and at some point in time have been repainted (I know... idiots). They need a little TLC, but after they are hydro'd, VIP'd, and cleaned they will be a nice set of doubles if anyone needs a set.

I am looking for about $475 since they are out of hydro and VIP... and I'll also throw in the two cans of stripper I was gonna use to get rid of the paint on them. I can get them hydro'd and VIP'd but this cost will be passed along to whomever wants them. And honeslty with the amount of equipment I'll be buying in the next few weeks... I don't know when I'd be able to get them where they need to go.

Before you ask, I have no pics right now. But if you are really interested I can take a few and email them to you. Like I said... they need a little TLC, after that they will be right as rain. A new set of steel doubles will run you close to a grand, I'm only asking for $475 because of the hydro and VIP status.

Fire me a PM if interested. I am posting here because I would obviously like a local pick-up or delivery.

Thanks

Nobody at all interested? :(

Was asking $475... if a reasonable offer is made, I will seriously consider it.

Thanks again... pics available upon request.

D

I would love to take them off your hands. I just don't have the $$$ currently. Maybe post this on the "For Sale" forum. Someone may still want to pick them up locally from you. They may see them there and not here.

Jeremy

To be honest, the price is probably about $75-100 high for tanks out of vis and hydro. I can get tanks in hydro, and probably in vis for the price you are offering. Hyrdro is going to cost $50 a tank or so, and vis $20-$30 per tank. So on the low end someone is going to spend nearly $140 on top of your price to get those tanks in spec.

New Worthington LP95 is about $250

http://www.divesports.com/mall/worthington_LP95.asp

New Manifold is about $220.

So for $720 I could buy a brand new set of tanks, Or with your deal at $475, I would spend about $615 plus shipping. It would be worth it to me to spend the extra $100 and get new tanks and a brand new manifold.

PerroneFord:
To be honest, the price is probably about $75-100 high for tanks out of vis and hydro. I can get tanks in hydro, and probably in vis for the price you are offering. Hyrdro is going to cost $50 a tank or so, and vis $20-$30 per tank. So on the low end someone is going to spend nearly $140 on top of your price to get those tanks in spec.

New Worthington LP95 is about $250

http://www.divesports.com/mall/worthington_LP95.asp

New Manifold is about $220.

So for $720 I could buy a brand new set of tanks, Or with your deal at $475, I would spend about $615 plus shipping. It would be worth it to me to spend the extra $100 and get new tanks and a brand new manifold.

That's why I said any reasonable offer would be considered. :wink: I don't disagree with anything you said. Well you did forget the bands... which are another $100. :wink: Not to mention some people are 'weird' about the brand of tanks they use and Worthington's get a bad rap from some people. I don't know why and I don't really agree with it but hey... what do I know.:huh:

later

Hey, would you be willing to sell on a contigency of them passing a hydro and vis? Have they been stored empty or with air?

Thanks,

Trevor

dyarab:
That's why I said any reasonable offer would be considered. :wink: I don't disagree with anything you said. Well you did forget the bands... which are another $100. :wink: Not to mention some people are 'weird' about the brand of tanks they use and Worthington's get a bad rap from some people. I don't know why and I don't really agree with it but hey... what do I know.:huh:

later

Hey that's true. I forgot the bands. And that's worth $125 if you get good bands. Worthington had some quality start up issues, but they're shipping good stuff now. It's not that your deal is "bad" per se, but it's ALWAYS a risk buying tanks that don't have a current hydro. If they don't pass, you're screwed.

PerroneFord:
Hey that's true. I forgot the bands. And that's worth $125 if you get good bands. Worthington had some quality start up issues, but they're shipping good stuff now. It's not that your deal is "bad" per se, but it's ALWAYS a risk buying tanks that don't have a current hydro. If they don't pass, you're screwed.

Yeah... I was looking at Worthington's, when the 95's came up. And shortly after the 95's came up I got a prretty good deal on some PST 120s (one of the 120's has never seen water) with a Halcyon manifold and Highland Mills bands. They are being O2 cleaned as we type.

But yeah... screwed is an understatement. More than likely I'll have to get them hydro'd before they will sell. I just don't know when I can get around to it. Would have liked the money to throw at a bunch of equipment I ordered a few days ago... but such is life.

I wouldn't be suprised if after I get them Hydro'd I break them down and use them as singles for me and my wife. Who knows...

But until then the tanks sit in my dining room available to whomever wants them. If I can get them hydro'd relatively soon... I'll update the thread.

Later

Taprimo:
Hey, would you be willing to sell on a contigency of them passing a hydro and vis? Have they been stored empty or with air?

Thanks,

Trevor

Sorry Trevor... didn't see your post, jumped right to Perrone's. They have been stored with air in them... I believe it's a 28% Nitrox mix.

If you are local to Atlanta I would definitely sell them on the contingency of them passing hydro. If they pass hydro, more than likely they'll pass vis.

Thanks,
D

Wish I could entertain the offer, but I don't think the Navy will let me take them to Iraq :)

Back
Top Bottom