Lake Lanier, Anyone been in a while?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
If so what were the conditions like. I'm itchin' to get back into Lanier but I usually don't even try until it cools off some and everyone goes home!

If you've been lately let me know what the conditions were like.

Jeremy

We were up at West Bank Saturday morning. Nobody was there since rain was moving in.

Vis from the surface down to 20 feet was bad, even for lanier. 2ft or so. Once you got down it opened up to 10 or 12 feet. temp at 80 ft was 52 degrees.

I'll go with you this Friday and/or Saturday if you want to check it out, JK. We can also use a boat if you would like to check out a site on the lake that might be more clear.

Darel

I can't go this weekend and it appears that the conditions at Lanier are not ready for me yet. I'll still jump at 2 feet vis. but not during the summer. It takes me an hour to drive to Lanier (I live an hour south of Town). In an hour I can be in Columbus, GA and 2 1/2 more I'm at Vortex. Add another 45min I'm at PCB Jetties!

I've been known to have made several "day trips" to PCB to get in 2 dives before at the Jetties then drive home that night. Tired...yes, but just like jumping in 2' vis at Lanier before. When your hard up for a dive you will do about anything.

May be we can get together and hit up one of the quarrys around or something.

Jeremy

Post up when and where you want to go, i need to get a couple dives in too.

Hey, guys . . .

After you do your practice dives up at our tub, keep in mind I have 2 spots open for the 3 tank Panama City off-shore dive.

the K

I just got back from Panama City and did some dives. They were AWSOME! PM The Kraken and take the open spots. You will LOVE it!

Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom