may 12th wbp dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinginn

Contributor
Reaction score
met martin and ed at mask cove did two dives to depths of 78 ft,water temps at depth 48-50 degrees,the major thermocline is about 25-30 ft. we saw a spotted bass sitting under the fence,looked like it was spawning,it looked to be 5-7 lbs,state record is about 7.5 lbs out of lake lanier,saw lots of smaller fish. we made our way out to the dive platform and back. the second dive we finished running a line to the woodpile.

Great report. Now what needs to happen is someone needs to go down with a slate and on each run that goes somewhere, ie. woodpile, platform, etc. write down where the run goes and then clip the slate to the line so that other divers will know where the line will take them.

Sounds like Lanier is warming up a little. I can't wait until I can get back out and play at Lanier with you all. My drysuit is back at the factory getting some work done and I'm seriously thinking of getting a new, inexpensive wetsuit for local diving during the summer since the one I have has SHRUNK!!!! Who would have thought that setting in the closet unused for a year and a half it would have shrunk but it did and it was a "challenge" getting it on...and I've even LOST weight!!!

Oh well,
Thanks for the report

J:

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooo Mark !!!
You guys rock ! ! ! !

the K

we were talking about mapping the line runs,i like the idea of marking the lines sounds like a project,would also like to run a line out to that old wooden boat we found out there last month.

Hi Mark
Do you have my reel, if so, I will have 200 ft. of line to go from the platform or wood pile to the boat - I can dive Sunday A.M. May 20 before go to the Dive Show- You will need more air than a 80cu.ft- I can Help with this - let me know -
thanks clif

JKSteger:
Who would have thought that setting in the closet unused for a year and a half it would have shrunk but it did and it was a "challenge" getting it on...and I've even LOST weight!!!

J:

Uh Huh. Are you sure? :)

Darel

:rofl3:

Darelor:
Uh Huh. Are you sure? :)

Darel

Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it:14:. No actually I bought the suit a little too small to begin with years ago and since it's a 7mil it doesn't give as much as my 3mil does. I have had great luck with my Neosport 3/2 for the past several years. I wish they made a 7/5 in the NeoSport or a 5/3, if they did it would become my FL. Springs wetsuit.

J:

Clif,
I tied your reel off at the wood pile when we ran out of line. You may need to move some of it because it is too far off the bottom. We didn't really know what we were doing. I had never run a line before.

I can dive this weekend on sat or sun. The boat may be hard to find. It is a long way out there. It will take more than one dive to run the line.

Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom