Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: may 12th wbp dive report

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Photos

may 12th wbp dive report

met martin and ed at mask cove did two dives to depths of 78 ft,water temps at depth 48-50 degrees,the major thermocline is about 25-30 ft. we saw a spotted bass sitting under the fence,looked like it was spawning,it looked to be 5-7 lbs,state record is about 7.5 lbs out of lake lanier,saw lots of smaller fish. we made our way out to the dive platform and back. the second dive we finished running a line to the woodpile.
    mark

D/M Wannabee ! ! !

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99
    Photos
    Great report. Now what needs to happen is someone needs to go down with a slate and on each run that goes somewhere, ie. woodpile, platform, etc. write down where the run goes and then clip the slate to the line so that other divers will know where the line will take them.

Sounds like Lanier is warming up a little. I can't wait until I can get back out and play at Lanier with you all. My drysuit is back at the factory getting some work done and I'm seriously thinking of getting a new, inexpensive wetsuit for local diving during the summer since the one I have has SHRUNK!!!! Who would have thought that setting in the closet unused for a year and a half it would have shrunk but it did and it was a "challenge" getting it on...and I've even LOST weight!!!

Oh well,
    Thanks for the report

J:
    Jeremy

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos
    Goooooooooooooooooooooooooo Mark !!!
    You guys rock ! ! ! !

the K
    Long after man is gone and his dams burst, the rivers will, once again, flow freely to the sea.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Photos
    we were talking about mapping the line runs,i like the idea of marking the lines sounds like a project,would also like to run a line out to that old wooden boat we found out there last month.
    mark

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Hi Mark
    Do you have my reel, if so, I will have 200 ft. of line to go from the platform or wood pile to the boat - I can dive Sunday A.M. May 20 before go to the Dive Show- You will need more air than a 80cu.ft- I can Help with this - let me know -
    thanks clif

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by JKSteger
    Who would have thought that setting in the closet unused for a year and a half it would have shrunk but it did and it was a "challenge" getting it on...and I've even LOST weight!!!

J:
    Uh Huh. Are you sure?

Darel

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos
    Long after man is gone and his dams burst, the rivers will, once again, flow freely to the sea.

D/M Wannabee ! ! !

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by Darelor
    Uh Huh. Are you sure?

Darel
    Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it:14:. No actually I bought the suit a little too small to begin with years ago and since it's a 7mil it doesn't give as much as my 3mil does. I have had great luck with my Neosport 3/2 for the past several years. I wish they made a 7/5 in the NeoSport or a 5/3, if they did it would become my FL. Springs wetsuit.

J:
    Jeremy

Deep South DIR

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99
    Photos
    Clif,
    I tied your reel off at the wood pile when we ran out of line. You may need to move some of it because it is too far off the bottom. We didn't really know what we were doing. I had never run a line before.

I can dive this weekend on sat or sun. The boat may be hard to find. It is a long way out there. It will take more than one dive to run the line.

Ed
    Ed

Considering an open water class? Read this first.

Registered

is excited about Shark Week
    on Discovery Channel!

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Anybody diving WBP or anywhere on Lanier Saturday morning?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast