Wanting to Dive in July in Lake Lanier GA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LindiB

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey! I am currently a divemaster living in Saudi Arabia but will be home in GA for a few weeks in July. I am looking to dive in Lake Lanier some time during my time in GA but don't know where to go exactly. Is there anyone willing or able to help me? Thank you so much!

I can take you out also,I usually dive off my pontoon boat out around the dam area. I need to get back into local diving,I have been a slack vacation diver for a few years. We need to get the looney birds up and going again,We used to have 20-30 divers with a looney bird dive and cook out about once a month,been missing it.

Last edited:
I can take you out also,I usually dive off my pontoon boat out around the dam area. I need to get back into local diving,I have been a slack vacation diver for a few years. We need to get the looney birds up and going again,We used to have 20-30 divers with a looney bird dive and cook out about once a month,been missing it.

I have recently been introduced to the joys of Lake Lanier. I had to take some students there and have been back a few times since. I'm going to check out wbp tomorrow morning. I have never been there so it should be interesting. I wouldn't mind checking out some other dive sites in the lake. I have a friend who likes to dive the lake and cook burgers on his pontoon boat. I'll let him know about the looney birds.

I have recently been introduced to the joys of Lake Lanier. I had to take some students there and have been back a few times since. I'm going to check out wbp tomorrow morning. I have never been there so it should be interesting. I wouldn't mind checking out some other dive sites in the lake. I have a friend who likes to dive the lake and cook burgers on his pontoon boat. I'll let him know about the looney birds.
Be prepared to have under 10' of viz at West Bank Park . and know withe all the rain it is probably down to 3' . it my clear up down past 60' .Lower over look has had the best viz I have seen in lanie

I'd be interested in going in July. I'll be out of town the 22-29th, but other than that I should be able to find some availability on Fridays/Saturdays. I'd be all for having a cookout as well.

For all the divers that divers Lake Lanier you can all so check out Lake Lanier Divers on Faces book ( Log In | Facebook ) this is just a another place for divers that dive lanier to get in touch with fellow divers in addition to scuba board

I may consider that as well. I have lived on Lanier for 16 years and never really considered diving it. And I too will be out of town from the 22nd to the 29th gotta go down to Jekyll. No good diving there but some good shark fishing. May have to ease over to PC for the jetties or something.
Anyhow let me know what ya'll plans are

Love to get the birds going again. Let me know when you all are going! I dove looking for a lost ring last week, but it was really shallow next to a dock. I need to get diving again!

Love to get the birds going again. Let me know when you all are going! I dove looking for a lost ring last week, but it was really shallow next to a dock. I need to get diving again!

Hay Mike how are you ? Have not seen you posting for a while . I have dove with Cliff and Josh a couple time over at lower overlook . Tony and me got in a dive with them this last Saturday . . there is some cool stuff to look at there . We may and get in another one this Saturday at lower over look. as you seen on my earlier post here I started a group on face book (http://www.facebook.com/groups/322153594532408/ ) check it out . that would be good to get things going agian . Real good to here from you

Back
Top Bottom