Bauer K14-85

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

I added this question to my thread about Davey parts, but thought you might miss it. What is availability like for parts for a K14-85 from 1972? Also if I was to add properly rated filtration, could this pump push air to 4500 psi?

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim,

I did see your other post and have responded there as well.

Thanks for your post! We do manufacture parts to fit most versions of the K14. Yours sounds like a K14.5 which we do carry parts to fit. However, if it is a K14-85, then we may not carry every wear item to fit your compressor.

To give a definite answer, I will need pictures of your block from multiple angles (focusing on the valve heads) and I need the block number hand stamped on the crankcase. It should look like "2/1234/05".

Yes, the K14 is rated 5,000psi and should pump up to that pressure so long as all the components after the compressor are rated that high as well.

Thanks Jim! Have a great week!
Gabe

Hi Jim -Gabe may have overlooked this: If it is, in fact, a K14-85 then its only rated for 3500 psi. A couple of pics would help us sort this out real quick.

Thanks

Hi guys, resurecting an old thread here. I have a bit of info on a K14 I was looking at. The plate lists it as a 1973 model KA14E #97783, CFM 4.3, 3200psi, 800rpm, 4hp.

I dont have any more pics of the heads, but I can try to get some.

Jim

Good Morning Jimmer,

Thanks for your Personal Message and your Post. The link you sent me says the add is no longer available. None the less, the info you provided was enough to help us identify this block. It is a K14-40. the difference between the 85 and the 40 is cfm output. The K14-85 is 8.5cfm and K14-40 is 4 or so cfm. As far as parts, I spoke with our technical manager (Larry) and we are unsure what the first stage might be and what parts fit this block. However, Larry's recommendation is do not buy it. It is very old and not worth even $50.

Thanks again, call me if you want to discuss blocks on the market and which blocks you should keep an eye out for.

Gabe
305-430-0863 (direct line)
305-430-0550 (main line)

Hi Jim,

Thanks for reaching out to us for this technical information! Happy to help!

The Bauer K14-85 is a very old compressor and is not rated for pressures over 3200 psi. None of the final pieces (aftercooler, cylinder, head, etc) are designed to withstand pressures over 3200 psi.

We do stock most parts to rebuild this pump, however, you may run into issues with interstage and final stage valve designs which had differnt thread patterns and cages. if this is the case, there are some work arounds and with a little work you can rebuild this pump.

I hope this info is helpful, please contact us anytime for assistance and all things compressed air related.

have a good day!
Gabe

---------- Post added July 9th, 2014 at 11:48 AM ----------

Hi Bernal,

Thanks for contacting us! Happy to help.

Please email me at GKaplan@lawrence-factor.com so I can email this manual to you.

have a good day!
Gabe

Gabe tanks a lot¡¡ Im Israel Bernal, from Mexico... can you please send me the e mail to my yahoo acount??

Back
Top Bottom