Aruba in Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman

Reaction score
Aruba in February 2003...anybody going to be there?
Whats it like..weather,diving, entertainment?
Good places to eat?:D

We'll be there for one day in February when our cruise ship (Radisson) makes a stop there. We are hoping to find a good dive shop to arrange some diving with (rather than booking through the cruise ship).

We will be there from noon till midnight on Feb 15th. Not sure if we should try to arrange boat dives or if we should just do a few shore dives.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hi all!

Been to Aruba 16 times and love it! I worked there for some time as an instructor.

As far as dive operators there are several. The two largest operators (nicest boats) are Pelican Adventures and Red Sail Sports.

Some others are Unique Sports of Aruba, Mermaid Divers, Sea Aruba Fly & Dive, and Windie's Watersports

The first two have (IMO) the best access and scedules). I am a little partial to Pelican Adventures as that is where I worked. Pelican's boats are well equiped with fresh water showers, dry storage, drinking water, first-aid, camera tables, sun deck, marine toilet, and a friendly staff. They will pick you up at your hotel. Pelican also offers snorkel trips, sunset cruises and other watersports. Tell em Andrew sent ya! The staff REALLY are a great group of people. Say hi to: Eugine, Roby, Uri, Wendy, Aqusto, Max, Joao and Marco for me.

As far as food, Aruba has everything from Dunkin Donuts, McDonals, taco bell to moderately priced restaurants such as (where I suggest) Iguanna Joes, the Paddock, and the Mill Resort's "Bang Gozza Bar & Grill"-all you can eat ribs on Wednesday nights just $12 . There are also many fine dining opertunities in Aruba. For a delicious (and enormous) steak, try Gouchos-downtown. For a taste of the local quizine, try the Buccaneer. For a good time of dinner and dancing on the water, try the Tatoo dinner cruise.

The am 2 tank boat dives go to the south coast, where the best vis is. These waters are moderately rough sometimes. There can be currents and the dives are generally 80-100ft. So this is for experienced divers mainly. The pm boats go to the west coast wrecks and reefs. The "Antilla" wreck (sunk in ww2-a German freighter) is 400 feet long, in just 55 feet of water. I have done that one over 150 times and still enjoy it as there is so much to see. The "Pedernalis"(tanker, also sunk in ww2) is a scattered remains of blown apart metal. Just 25 feet deep, but one of my favorite dives as there is so much life and photo ops.

Have a great time in Aruba! I am happy to share more info if you like. my email address is o2scuba@aquatic1.com or scuba2scuba@aol.com

I have more info about Aruba diving at my website aquatic1.com as well.

I will be going to Aruba myself in March with a small group. We need 4 more people so we can get our own boat. Any takers?

Andrew

Back
Top Bottom