Votes: 2 50.0%
  • hotels BONIARE OR CURACAO

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • ACTIVITIES BONAIRE or CURACAO

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marisa-t

Registered
Reaction score
Okay so now I have decided its BONAIRE!!!!!!!!

My boyfriend is so excited about my decision but now where to go and what to do. DIVE DIVE DIVE is what we love but I alsohave to be on a beach. We still have not decided which is the best place for our money! We want to do a lot but make sure it is worth our money as well. I hear that Lions, Habitat, and Plaza are right ther together so which one? I am not in the mood to see any sharks but anything else will go! I don't do night dives but my boyfirend will, I am still trying to get over the darkness problem. So thanks to all that helped make a decision in this, but now what all do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

We have to make reservation very soon so please give me all you thoughts and opinions a.s.a.p.
List all dive sites you can think of along with anything else~

Thanks
yissak

.......but we've been to Aruba and Bonaire, after all you are talking about the ABC islands. Aruba has some great beaches but the diving on Bonaire is where you could dive, dive, dive. I've only stopped on Curacao, the coast is not quite the same as Bonaire. You can nearly shore dive from anywhere on the west coast at Bonaire, like I mean miles.
There are some very good restaurants and bars downtown Bonaire, you wouldn't be disappointed. Now it depends where you stay, but your boyfriend could dive at night possibly right from the beach from where you are staying. Places like the Plaza, Divi, Cap't Dons, Buddy's and more all would provide a place to stay and have access to shore dives, but some places are within walking distance to town, closer to the night life. like Bruce Bowker's or Divi and for a bit of a walk the Plaza.
If you're after night life, how about Cozumel?(':walking:')

Caymaniac

Was in Bonaire (Plaza Resort) this past September with Natasha's group and in Curacao last August (Habitat Curacao). I would pick Bonaire hands down. My wife and I are not one to hang around either. Both islands are small but location wise the Habitat Curacao was out in no wheresville, great diving but dead afterwards. There are some bigger hotels there and you might find more life around there. But for diving it is Bonaire, although Caymans is still my favorite.

Bars and restaurants were within walking distance of Plaza Resort, driving was easy so you can rent a car to. Good food, good people... but quiet as well at night. Diving the town pier is a must!

Have fun! I'm trying to plan a trip myself for late March :) ...

I agree with the recommendations others have made about where to go...I would personally stay at the Plaza, but have not and am making that call based on my limited experience at that resort. The Plaza has about the best beach I saw on the island (most were really rocky) and you probably can't go wrong there. Bathing suit top is optional on that beach, FYI.

You will not see a shark or anything larger than a couple feet long, so no worries there.

Realize that there is NOTHING to do in Bonaire other than dive, eat, and sleep. There is no nightlife whatsoever. Also be wary of thieves while you are there.

Most of the dive sites are pretty similar, however I liked 1000 Steps, Red Slave, Alice in Wonderland, Oil Slick Leap, Invisibles, and the Hilma Hooker the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom