Water temp in Turks & Caicos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

capeellyn

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone - I'm going to Turkoise (Club Med) in Turks & Caicos next Wednesday (5/13) and plan to dive a few days - I'm really excited, but admit I haven't done much research into the diving there (just know it's decent), water temps etc... Can anyone give me any beta about diving there and what the water temp will be? Not sure which wetsuit to bring!
Thanks!
Ellyn :blinking:

The diving is fair, with some dives much nicer than others. There aren't many shallow reef dives. Mostly they are at 70-80 ft. We've been there several times during January and I have used a 5 mm suit, while my wife used a 3. Temps were 72-74; both of us got cold on a couple of dives. The water temp on Molasses Reef off Key Largo is presently sitting around 78.1 at night. I imagine the temp at T&C will be a little bit warmer than that, at least toward the surface. Probably less at greater depth. If I were going now, I'd still use my 5 mm suit. I prefer being warm.

I usually dive a 3MM farmer john with a 3MM shortie over it but I like to stay warm. Most people dive 3MM full suits. Water temps are usually around 80 degrees.

Thanks guys! I think I'll bring my 4/3 and see how it goes. I may bring a 2mm sleeveless shorty too for snorkel excursions. I hope the diving is better than you report lmorin - if not, I'll just spend my time swinging from the trapeze instead! :wink:
Thanks again, and Happy Diving!
Ellyn

Thanks guys! I think I'll bring my 4/3 and see how it goes. I may bring a 2mm sleeveless shorty too for snorkel excursions. I hope the diving is better than you report lmorin - if not, I'll just spend my time swinging from the trapeze instead! :wink:
Thanks again, and Happy Diving!
Ellyn

Have fun! The Club is very enjoyable. I didn't mean to be negative about the dives. Just that the range of quality was fairly large, unlike some places. For what it's worth, my mid-20's daughters had a fantastic time swinging from the trapeze. I did it, too, but not instead of diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom