Need info re dive operators in Curacao.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moondiver

Reaction score
I'm going to be staying at the Marriott in Curacao and need information re dive oprators - does anyone know who the operator at the hotel is? Has anyone dived with them? Any comments? Any way to get in touch with them?
Thanks

Hi Moondiver,
Want to know all about diving operators in Curacao?
Check out www.cdoa.org
Most dive operators are listed on that site.
Since I live on Curacao I would recommend Silent Immersion. They are on cdoa.org too.
Have fun on "my" island.
ScubaLoon :wink:

The dive op at the Marriott is Carribean Sea Sports http://www.caribseasports.com/. I checked it out one night when I was there for dinner last year and it looked nice anyway, but it was closed for the day. There's a few comments on the board if you search but not many - I asked about them once before myself. If I were staying at the Marriott I would probably try them at least.

Damselfish:
The dive op at the Marriott is Carribean Sea Sports http://www.caribseasports.com/. I checked it out one night when I was there for dinner last year and it looked nice anyway, but it was closed for the day. There's a few comments on the board if you search but not many - I asked about them once before myself. If I were staying at the Marriott I would probably try them at least.

I went with them while on a cruise a few years ago and had a very nice trip. Just 5 divers, the DM and the boat captain went out, even though that was less than there stated minimum for a boat trip. It is a nice boat too. I would easily choose to go with them again, especially if I was staying at the Marriot.

I went to Curacao (and Bonaire) in May. In Curacao, I dove with Atlantis Diving and had a wonderful time. The staff are very professional. They picked me up at my hotel each day and brought me back free of charge. They took me to several great dive spots. My favorites were Playa Porto Marie and Carpile. Most of the divers there were from Holland so most of the daily conversations were in Dutch but everyone made an effort to include me in their conversations. You can also arrange through them a trip to Klein Curacao with Mermaid Tours. I spent a week in Curacao and I felt like it was just enough time. Also, on the days where they return to the shop between dives, they provide a sandwich lunch for 5 NAF and have soft drinks and ice cream for a small charge. Pretty much all of the diving is shore diving. They offer boat dives but I didn't see anyone do one. That was fine for me since I haven't done much shore diving and wanted to learn more about it. Bring booties! Some of the shores have a lot of coral. I used soft booties but you might prefer harder booties. I highly recommend Atlantis!

jlevine:
I spent a week in Curacao and I felt like it was just enough time.

If you think a week is just enough you only have seen the tip of the iceberg. I'm living on Curacao for over a year now and I still haven't seen it all :11:
My favorite dive is a driftdive from Directors bay to Baya. Nice and shallow and sooooooo many things to see. Don't forget to bring your camera.

ScubaLoon:
If you think a week is just enough you only have seen the tip of the iceberg. I'm living on Curacao for over a year now and I still haven't seen it all :11:
My favorite dive is a driftdive from Directors bay to Baya. Nice and shallow and sooooooo many things to see. Don't forget to bring your camera.

You're right! I am sure there's lots more to see. I just meant it was long enough so that I felt like I had a great vacation. I will be back!

How does the diving compare to Bonaire? I went there last Feb and loved it except for the petty theft. I lost an inexpensive watch, but the van next to us lost two windows, dive bag and all their backup gear.

indiana*joe:
How does the diving compare to Bonaire? I went there last Feb and loved it except for the petty theft. I lost an inexpensive watch, but the van next to us lost two windows, dive bag and all their backup gear.

The diving in Bonaire is better in terms of accessibility and also in terms of cleanliness. In Curacao, I noticed a little more refuse in the water (cups, etc.) while on Bonaire (at least where I dove) I saw very little. Visibility in both locations was great. As far as petty theft, both islands have the same problem. I felt I had to be more cautious on Curacao, but then it is a bigger island with more people. I was warned in both places about not storing valuables in my car.

Back
Top Bottom