Curacao and Bonaire trip report April 4-14 with Intova Sport Pro video and stills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keesmon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Before all the details start to escape me, here is my trip report from last week's trip to Curacao and Bonaire. This is the 4th year that we've done a guys trip around Easter week. Previous trips were to Bonaire, Utila, and Westpoint Curacao.

New for this trip was the Intova Sport Pro. I've never taken an underwater picture or video, but wanted to try out this little video camera. It compares to the Go Pro, but was built specifically for diving. The nice folks at Intova and Leisure Pro were able to work out an early delivery of the camera to me, so that it could make the trip. Links to the video and stills are on the bottom of the report.

We spent 2 days boat diving with Niels at divechartercuracao.com
We decided that since we dove the West last year, and would be shore diving Bonaire the following week, we would boat dive Oostpunt and Klein Curacao this time. Diving was great as expected, though the fast zodiac that Niels usually uses was out of commission, so the boat rides were on the long side. Currents were moderate to strong, so it was drift diving as expected, with no more than 5 divers in the water. Awesome! We stayed at Scubalodge in Pietermaai, walking distance from Punda and Otrabanda. Great hotel, very friendly staff,and a great atmosphere.

After 3 days in Curacao, we flew the 12 minute flight to Bonaire and checked into Sand Dollar and Bonaire Dive and Adventure where we met up with our 3rd dive buddy. We dove 2 dives that same afternoon. The following morning, after unsuccessfully looking for the damn seahorse at Andrea 1, we ran into a Manta Ray on our way back to shore! After 13 years of diving, this was a first for me, so it was pretty exciting. Over the course of the week we dove everything between Willemstoren Lighthouse and Slagbaai National Park. At Slagbaai we dove with a dolphin! Unfortunately, there is no video of that, but it was one of the highlights of the week.

We did 24 dives between Curacao and Bonaire and all of them were good. The amount of Tarpon was more than I had ever seen in Bonaire and the lion fish were either hiding or removed for most of the week. Not the case in Curacao, where they were 6-7 under a ledge together.

I hope you guys enjoy the video and stills. Sorry for the length and rough (no) editing, but as I mentioned before, this was my first time recording anything under water.

The video:
Intova Sport Pro Goes To Curaçao And Bonaire - YouTube
The stills:
Intova Sport Pro Stills Bonaire Curaçao - YouTube

thnx for sharing

Thanks for posting. I still have yet to encounter a manta:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom