St Kitts - Pro Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funland111

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just returned from our first visit to St Kitts, and it will not be our last. While there I completed 11 divers with Pro Divers, and gained my master diver certification in the process. I have dove with numerous dive operators over the years, but none better than Pro Divers. Austin-Margot have a great crew and especially I appreciated the knowledge I gained from working with their primary instructor Terry Crookes. I would love to go through Terry's DM course but my family business would not give me the time to go that route. Here are a few examples that set their operation apart. First, I was impressed with the detailed instruction given to first time discover divers. This included not only general instruction needed to enjoy their experience underwater, but also a weight check to make sure they were weighted properly. Second, my son is an extremely good diver but does not have is AOW certification, which according to the rules limits him to 60ft. We were going to do a deep dive and Terry suggested that my son stay with the second group, so he would be diving within his certification limits. Thirdly, they will not put a diver in the position where he or she feels compelled to do a dive if it exceeds their "safety zone" or experience level. He offered to take me on a shore dive from the Atlantic side, which is considerably rougher than the Caribbean, and would not charge me if I felt uncomfortable. My wife said no to the shore dive, so maybe I'll take Terry up on the offer next time I'm in St Kitts. The best dive of the week was the night wreck dive -- lots of critters!! Bill H

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom