DAE no longer able to flight out of Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kukuisa

Contributor
Reaction score
The Curaçao Hospitality & Tourism Association isued a statement that airline DAE had to stop all flights out of Curaçao:

24 August 2013

"Please be informed that DAE is not able to operate from the Curacao Airport. CAP (Curacao Airport Partners) has issued a statement informing DAE that this company may not use its facilities (CAP) (due to increasing outstanding debts) which means that all DAE flights have been cancelled. (as of today)

As our partner, we urge you to inform your guests flying with DAE not only today but for the coming weeks, that the Miami, Orlando and all other routes have been canceled.
Additionally we request you to inform your future arrival guests as well, who have a reservation and/or a ticket/package booked with DAE to re-arrange their flight to avoid issues/surprises on the day of travel.

Please note that Insel Air is trying to accommodate the passengers of DAE by adding additional flights out of Curacao but this is only applicable for the regional flights such as Aruba, Bonaire, Santo Domingo etc. Unfortunately, due to our category 2 status we are not able to add any additional flights with our local carriers to the United States."

I've stuck this temporarily so it's visible to future travelers until the situation is resolved but can you post a link to the announcement as well?

I looked on the Curacao Hospitality, etc website and found no mention of this. I guess that's hardly surprising as their primary function is to promote Curacao tourism.......The arrivals/departures section of the CUR airport site makes no mention of ANY arrivals or departures for DAE.

The offcial website of the tourism board does not have an official anouncement. The airport information system only mentions to contact the airline. The Curaçao Hospitality & Tourism Association didn't follow up their email notification with an official statement. Probably everyone is afraid to tell bad news.
The monday article in the Daily Herald writes that it is all over for DAE: the (leased) planes are gone as is their website. All reactions are about the financial consequenses and some about the employees. Nothing about the passengers.

I just returned from Bonaire this weekend, and can confirm that DAE is not flying from Bonaire to Curacao. They aren't answering their phone, and the DAE booth at the Bonaire airport is closed with no information posted. Fortunately, I found out about this a day before my scheduled departure and was able to get a cheap fair on Insel.

--Mark

well after a good hour on the phone with Expedia I got my DAE flight refunded. now I can re-book on Insel or Tiara. which one is going to give me the least headaches for my flight from ARU to CUR?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom