AOW course in Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mostlyirish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for a dive operator in Curacao who can provide an Advanced Open Water course. I will be in Curacao from Feb.1 through Feb.8. We are staying at a resort hotel on the east side. It appears some operators will expect an extra 25% private course fee if they do not get any other students for the course. I am interested in taking the course while I am there and welcome other students in the course but am not interested in a private course or the premium price that goes with it. Any suggestions are welcome. Otherwise I will take the course later in the States where I can get it for less cost. Any advice is welcome.

Talk to Mark and Suzie at the Dive Bus. Mark did a great job helping my wife sort out some buoyancy and trim problems.

I can vouch for the Dive Bus also. My wife and I have done our AOW with them 6 or 7 years ago and many other courses since. They would def have my vote.

The Dive Bus did a nice thorough Discover Scuba class for my kids this past April (they were 10 and 11 at the time). I'd totally trust them to do a full certification course.

Thank you for the replies. I contacted Dive Bus and they are able to accomodate my needs.

Sorry for the late update. We had a great time in Curacao. We dove with the "Dive Bus". Mark, Suzy, Badger and Frank took excellent care of us. My brother and sister did the Discover Scuba dive the first day and Frank let me tag along just for fun. My brother then took the Open Water Certification course and I took the Advanced Open Water course and Peak Performance Buoyancy specialty. The individualized attention we both received was great. Frank was my instructor and assisted me in adjusting my trim and allowed me to try several skills not normally included as part of the AOW / PPB routine. My brother completed his OW cert with plenty of help and encouragement from the Badger and Mark. Being able to practice at "Pierbaai Reef" and "The Car Pile" was great. The experience of great service, attention and just plain good people was second to none. I highly recommend The Dive Bus folks if you get to Curacao.

My brother
1Phil.jpg

Me
4Patdive.jpg

Frank, Me, Sister Mary and Brother Phil
3ofus.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom