Any input on Go West diving in Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dano718

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thinking of heading to Curacao, was looking at go west for the unlimited shore diving with possible car rental. Anyone with any input on the place we would like to hear from. Should also tell you that simply rooms work for us if the diving is good to great

We liked Go West - a lot. Good facility, lockers, shower, changing room etc. They're on Playa Kalki/Alice in Wonderland - IMO one of the best shore dives we did all week. Also they boat dive Watamula since it's nearby - supposed to be among the best of Curacao. Nice people run it - very accommodating. We didn't rent from them but their gear looked in good shape also. If you dive DIN, they had convertible tank valves.

Staying out there you'd want a car. It's about a 45min. drive back to Willemstad from there. Many of the good shore dive sites are between Westpunt and Willemstad. Also there's limited food options out there, Lodge Kura Hulanda has a restaurant and there's maybe 1/2 dozen others. A couple small markets along the road back to town so some people get food in Willemstad before driving out - we did when we stayed in Lagun nearby. It's really quiet in Westpunt at night.

+1 on Go West. good dive op great house reef. Bryan used to be the manger I believe he still may be there. Dove with them on two separate trips and always had a great time.

Go West is a great well organized no hassel dive op. Another big plus is that Kura is open which means you have a nice snack shop when you finish diving or between dives. I like to spend one week west and one week "in town" unfortunately doesnt alway work out that way. :(

I second the great reviews with diving Go West, I highly recommend staying and diving up at that end of the island. We dove with them last Feb. Great staff, DM, boat captains. Bryan was very helpful recommending other shore dives around the island. They also offer a Lionfish dive and dinner which is a lot of fun.

I believe they are affiliated with All West Apartments and offer pkgs that incl. diving, car, accommodations. We stayed at Marazul Dive Resort just up the road from All West (which is simply a collection of waterfront condos with a great house reef).

On non dive days we toured around and went into Willemstad a few times.

You won't go wrong with them

We have used Go West Diving on at least five vacations.

The house reef at Playa Kalki is one of the better shore dives in the area. You can go in either direction and it is just as good.

You can't say enough good things about the manger, Bryan Horne. He does an outstanding job. He is always willing to try to figure out whatever you need and make sure you get it. He trains his staff to try and follow his lead. They try to go the extra mile for you. Just ask.

I cannot recommend them highly enough. If you don't use them, I think you will be making a mistake, that is how highly I think of them.

You will be making a great choice using Go West Diving!!

Enough said.

Go west provided a boat and captian for the last Invasion.

Nice well kept boat, great captain, if I were going to curaçao there isn't anyone else I'd go with, they were very solid and impressive for the week in Bonaire.

WOW!!! Thank you very much for all the wonderful comments!! Much appreciated!!

BTW... we are not perfect... we make mistakes but we try real hard to give you the BEST experience possible!!

Thank you... all of you for your continual support!! We do what we do because of you!!

Go West was pretty good but I had one really big disappointment with them... We (two couples) used their unlimited tank rental for the week and having to haul those tanks up and down the steps ourselves left me looking for another place to get tanks from next time... Again, other than that, everything else was peachy...!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom