Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone been to Aruba who can recommend dive operators to dive with and sites to dive?
I always dive with Clive at DiveAruba. I have written a few different reviews. Search for DiveAruba.
I'm actually going to b e back on the island in June and we are diving with Clive again then.

Around the World « Rob Neto

Another vote for Clive. I've been to Arubaa couple times and went out with him both times He has a set schedule of dive sites and days so check out his site for the information. The Antilla wreck is my favorite. I've done a couple dives there and love the structure and the life on it. The Debbie II and Jane C are also nice wrecks.

Around the World « Rob Neto

Another vote for Clive. I've been to Arubaa couple times and went out with him both times He has a set schedule of dive sites and days so check out his site for the information. The Antilla wreck is my favorite. I've done a couple dives there and love the structure and the life on it. The Debbie II and Jane C are also nice wrecks.

I'm heading to Aruba the third week of March. Do you know if Dive Aruba does hotel pick ups? I'll be downtown at the Renaissance.

Thanks !

John

---------- Post added February 17th, 2014 at 10:43 AM ----------

I'm heading to Aruba the third week of March. Do you know if Dive Aruba does hotel pick ups? I'll be downtown at the Renaissance.

Thanks !

John

Never mind, I just googled him and his boat is docked at the Renaissance's marina....

Thanks !

John

---------- Post added February 17th, 2014 at 10:43 AM ----------

Never mind, I just googled him and his boat is docked at the Renaissance's marina....

His boat is the first one in the marina. He is right by the parking lot. BTW....in case anyone else is looking....He does pick up at all the hotels on the island.

Looking for an All Inclusive resort (one diver and one non-diver) in Aruba where the scuba diving vender located at the resort.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jim

Looking for an All Inclusive resort (one diver and one non-diver) in Aruba where the scuba diving vender located at the resort.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Jim
All of the dive operators will pick you up at your resort. I have been diving with a few different vendors and Clive at DiveAruba is the only one I dive with now.
I am not very familiar with the AI's on the island...I have a timeshare and always stay there.
Basically what I am saying is I wouldn't limit my selection of resorts to one that has a dive shop on site. I would pick the resort and dive vendor separately. That way you can get the best of both.

+1 for Clive. He'll pick you up and you'll get great service.

As for AIs, not sure if Aruba has any. That doesn't seem to be the thing there. I suggest finding a resort with a kitchen and shopping at one of the local grocery stores. Groceries are inexpensive. You can do breakfast and lunch in and head out for dinner.

Just got back from Aruba and dove with JADS. I can recommend them highly. Very competent and pleasant to dive with.

If you stay at an AI, you should be careful. They will probably be hooked up with one of the larger outfits, Red Sail, De Palm. They are cattle boat type outfits I have heard.

I dove with Red Sail Sports 2 years ago, stayed at the Holiday Inn. Going again in July with 8 dive club members in tow this time...again with Red Sail Sports and staying at the Holiday Inn. Holiday Inn has a meal plan you can purchase. I like Red Sail Sports....their boat is just 2 hotels down the beach from
the Holiday Inn (Palm Beach), just a short 5 minute walk and you can stow your gear in the locker on the dock overnight. Plus, there's a nice bar/eatery at the end of the dock next to the boats. Good prices, great diving. You HAVE to dive the Antilla at least 2-3 times to see it all. Airplane and anything
at the south end is great diving. I prefer Aruba over Bonaire now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom