Dominica in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

georoc01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone else going? I'm headed down with singledivers.com May 24-31, staying at Castle Comfort. Any recommendations of places to eat? Our package includes breakfast and lunch, but only a couple of dinners..

Anyone else going? I'm headed down with singledivers.com May 24-31, staying at Castle Comfort. Any recommendations of places to eat? Our package includes breakfast and lunch, but only a couple of dinners..

I recommend you realize that you won't go hungry but don't expect great food on Dominica (including Castle Comfort) but the fantastic interior jungle makes up for it.

Take ear plugs or headphones, there is a new club a bit down the road from Castle Comfort that plays LOUD, LOUD, music until 4am or so on the weekends.

Check out, in Roseau at (in no particular rank) Zam Zam, Sunshine Cottage, CocoRico, Guyave, and the Garage.

Food is always a bit of a problem in Dominica. In the Roseau area try All Nations on Victoria St. (Newtown), Miranda's Corner (Springfield), or Ancient Capital, (Chinese food) on Church Street. There used to be a splendid Chinese Restaurant in Roseau that closed recently. The places I listed are open late. A few excellent restaurants, like Pearl's, close early.

I'll be in Dominica from the beginning of April to the third week of that month. I always rent a house near Canefield and a 4wd Suzuki, so I tend to avoid Roseau, but I always keep an eye out for new places to eat good local food. There are not many. Most Dominicans have limited incomes, and there are very few tourists (except for cruise ship visitors) and most longer term visitors stay in dedicated dive facilities or at a couple nature resorts inland, and both types of operation usually have their own restaurants.

agilis, we'll be coming to Dominica via cruise ship on April 11th, and would like to get a recommendation for a dive shop. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks.

agilis, we'll be coming to Dominica via cruise ship on April 11th, and would like to get a recommendation for a dive shop. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks.

AL Dive just south of Roseau on Loubiere Road is a very nice operation. It's smaller than the other Roseau operations, very competent and less crowded. I've been told that the cruise ships steer their passengers to places with whom they have a financial arrangement. As a result, these larger shops tend to be more crowded with passengers. I think if you call AL Dive they will make arrangements for you. Up at mid-island East Caribe Divers is very nice. Whoever you dive with should be fine. My suggestions are mainly for a less crowded and more personal experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom