Guadaloupe Sat 3-1-14 for a week.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SailNaked

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will be going to Fr. Guadaloupe Saturday for a week, I will of course dive the Cousteau Island, (pls recommend an op). we are staying in le Gosier and I would like to see about diving from shore, if allowed and would be a reasonable thing to do. (no idea). also is it permissible to spear lionfish? other fish? maybe with license? lobster season? and a million other questions about a place I have never been to before.. Any help is appreciated.:D

Guadeloupe has some of the best diving in the Eastern Carib, and almost no Americans know it! Most of the diving is on the west side of Basseterre, so you'll be making the commute everyday you dive. There is some shore diving to the east of Gosier, at St Francois. The Ile des Saintes has a number of excellent sites. There are high-speed ferrys every few from Gosier or Pointe a Pitre, so The Saintes are within easy reach. Sec Pate is one of those "world class" dives, but most operators won't take you there unless you are an advanced diver. You already know ile Pigeon, lots of excellent diving in the marine park there. Many of the dive ops are located on the shore just opposite the ile Pigeon. Sorry can't help you with an op recommendation, only used a local for air/nitrox fills.

For a first timer I would suggest you buy/download the Guadeloupe chapter of the Caribbean Dive Guide, it seems up to date, at least as of last year when I was there. (the sites don't change!) The complete Guadeloupe and Iles des Saintes scuba diving guide covering dive sites and dive centers

thanks for the tip, I just bought and downloaded the chapter re. guadeloupe

Back
Top Bottom