Week of Diving with Clive in Aruba, March 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

master_diver_UJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just returned from a week in Aruba & spent the better part of my days with Clive & Mark @ DiveAruba. Winds and waves didn’t help underwater visibility, yet we dove undeterred, had a great time & I made some new friends. Clive & Mark did a great job of leading the dives, made sure everyone got to see what they wanted to see & kept everyone safe.

I always enjoy diving with new divers; their enthusiasm and passion for the sport fuels my own. I was fortunate to have a wonderful young lady aboard who was finalizing her PADI OW whilst vacationing in Aruba. Congratulations, Kim B. on your completing your certification – it was a pleasure meeting you & diving with you.

I last dove Aruba in 2007 and was pleased to see that their underwater environment remains healthy. We found a handful of lionfish & Mark took a shot at a couple of them, hitting & killing one. Clive kept to the schedule he publishes on his website & my diving featured three wrecks (Pilot Boat, the Antilla, & the Jane Sea). The rest of our time was spent on reefs. Plenty of Moray’s, a few turtles, lobsters, rays, etc. The wrecks are in good shape & we did a few swim-through's on both the Antilla and the Jane Sea.
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]Clive & Mark – it was a pleasure. If you guys find my Zeagle reel & sausage on the Pilot Boat wreck site, it’s all yours. If you ever re-order your t-shirts in size XL, let me know - I'd like to have one.

Thanks again,

John

Last edited:
Another +1 for Dive Aruba. Just had 2 days of diving with Clive. We did the Arashi Reef and Antilla Wreck on Tuesday and the Barcadera and Kantil Reefs on Wednesday. Great service and we'll be back in 3 weeks for a morning dive while we pass through Aruba on our 8 day cruise.

+1 for Dive With Clive!

I had a great time diving with with Clive and Mark at Dive Aruba for a week this past March. Clive picked us up every day at our resort and made sure sure our bottom times were at least 1 hour per dive if we wanted. We had some great dives on Finger Reef, The Antilla and the Jane Sea. He even had Capri Sun, apples and cookies for us in between dives:wink:

We will be diving with Clive in a few weeks. We dive with Clive whenever we are on the island.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ok John, I think I'll do a mini trip to Aruba. I have a friend who keeps telling me he loves it there but I didn't think the diving would be very good. I'm sure there is better but it's nice to try out different areas and I've heard the Marriott there is nice. Have fun in the Caymans. I look forward to your trip report. I'm counting down the weeks myself.

Had a good time diving with Clive last June. His operation was just around the corner from Wonders Boutique where I stayed

I made reservations and we are looking forward to diving with Clive at the end of the month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom