Need Aruba hotel and dive shop recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dukeofhesse

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We are considering a winter vacation in Aruba that includes some convenient diving - meaning a dive shop at or right next door to the hotel. Has to be on the water, obviously. We also need a kitchenette. If you have been to the Sunset House in Grand Cayman, that represents our ideal set-up. I'd like to get as close to that situation as possible on Aruba, if it exists.

I'm an older diver - well, actually, I'm old - so I want the convenience of a dive shop where we can rent gear and store it, grab it for dives and then stow it for the next dive, then be able to walk back to our room.

Also, small groups. My wife is still a very reluctant diver and absolutely requires a dive master's butt in close proximity at all times. I'm hoping that's because she wants to feel safe and not so interested in the butts.

Appreciate some ideas.

Stay away from Mermaid Divers. Worst diving experience of my life. Over crowded boats, short air fills, and extremely rushed given so many divers.

+1 for diving with Clive & Mark at Dive Aruba. Dive Aruba - Scuba Classes, Dive Trips and Equipment Rentals. I dove with them for a week this March. He has equipment available for rental. He parks his boat in the marina downtown - which was perfect (within walking distance) for me. He does pick up / drop off to the major hotels. He only takes small groups, so that answers one of your wife's concerns.

My wife & I stayed at the Renaissance Marina hotel downtown. It was nice, clean & recently refurbished - but no kitchenette.

Enjoy !

John

I do not think such a setup exists on Aruba. Perhaps Rennisance timeshare which is traded on interval or Red Week dive op for them is redsail and equip stored on Renn Island. I know Gowest curacao is that exact setup with KuraHulanda lodge and Go west apartments GO WEST Diving - EN - All West Apartments - GO WEST Diving Curacao and easy plentiful shore dives so you are nto tied to a boat schedule.. Aruba you mostly need a boat having said that I use JADS (awesome) and they tend my equipment when on Aruba.

Wife and I dove with JADS last week on Thursday at Arashi reef saw 7 various turtles and a Ray on my safe stop which I blew off to get closer view. :)

Am looking into a possible trip there myself and have heard good things about JADS

The Renaissance hotels are right next to Dive with Clive's boat, and I think the family side has kitchenettes.

Clive takes out a max of 6 divers. One day it it was just him and I.

Back
Top Bottom