Curacao Dollars and Nafl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WoodyLompoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The research I have done, so far, indicates that the "U.S. Dollar is widely accepted on Curacao".

For those who have actually been there: Have you been able to use dollars exclusively (like Bonaire or Cozumel level of accepted) or, do people / businesses prefer the Nafl?

Thanks

For those who have actually been there

I life there and run a business there :)

You can pay with the dollar everywhere on Curacao. The conversion rate all over the island is $1=Naf1.75 (The bank rates are 1.77 / 1.82)

Your change will be in Naf at a lot of places.

Most places dont accept $100 bills and some dont accept $50 bills.

VISA and MASTERCARD are accepted, AMERICAN EXPRESS is not welcome at a lot of places. Some places charge an extra 5% if you pay with a CC

i was just there last month and used only US dollars with no problems. It was helpful to have some nafls for parking meters downtown though.

We've always used USD there, unless using up Naf received in change. (Though mostly, we charge things instead of taking lots of cash.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom