Curacao count down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LindaSSF

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
9 days and counting til my husband & I leave for 2 weeks in Curacao. It's the first either of us have been other than a 7 hr stop on a cruise last year where we got one dive in on the tugboat.

I can't wait for warm weather after a cold winter & Spring in West Virginia. Mike will do his referral dives with Hans at Curious2Dive, finally joining me as a certified after 33 years. About time! :)

We will be staying at Atlantis Apartments. Anything you would recommend as must see or must do besides hit town for King's Day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only spent a couple of days there on the way to and from Bonaire, but you will LOVE it! Have a great time and please write us up a nice trip report when you get back! We are doing 2 weeks in Bonaire in 38 days.

You will have a great time with Hans. Tell him John and Debbie say hello. We go to Curacao 2 weeks every year. Some favorites are Visit GoWest diving for at least a couple dives, when west lunch at Sol Food and dinner Landhuis Misje. Also on way back from west visit many little beaches.

Local food we like Pinchos Garden meat on skewers, and Golden Star. Downtown Punda side for lunch check out the old market near round market which has about 5 vendors our favorite is Zuess. Upscaleish dining on the water (perla del Mar) the old fort Punda side and rennisance fort otrabanda side. All this stuff is on google map which works on island. The swinging bridge is a must see at night. You are smart to do 2 weeks! any other questions let me know.

Irie1029, Hans said we could tell him where we want to dive when we get there. We plan on 2 tanks with him daily &, energy permitting, possibly a 3rd shallow dive on the house reef at Atlantis when we get in after some site seeing.

Any dives you would recommend? Any place you really enjoyed?

Should we plan to pack a lunch when we go out with Hans (like when out for the day at Bonaire ), or are there places to grab lunch?

---------- Post added April 15th, 2014 at 09:46 PM ----------

Honestly, I have a pretty hi stress job as a hospital administrator. Right now, simply sitting watching the ocean in the evening sounds really appealing!!

Well I know what you mean about the chillin. OK my favorite and Hans will do these dives 3 various ways depending on current... the Tugboat wall, Directors bay the pier and the point. If it is lightning out defineitely do pier tugboat it was too surreal. Anchor was not really worth the effort. Double reef I think it is at bluebay. Off the desalination plant in Otrobanda and downtown apartment in Punda (barbaras beach?) are a must do. Santa Barbara point was good and my gosh the place is lousy with big puffer fish. I could do the directors bay area for 2 weeks straight as it has so much life and varied topography. On Thursday I would go-west and do the boat dives there lunch at sol and dinner at Misje. Honestly you really need to check out westpunt your first week because you will love it. One night you may want to walk to Avila it is right down MLK street,,, at night they have a band in a loft above the bar rare sight you will enjoy. Ususally I just eat after the 2 tank dives about 1:30... but you could bring a lunch in between. Of course there are places to get a snack I just never do it. Coordinate it with Hans. Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom