Trip Report ST Thomas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tommed

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I have just returned from a trip to ST Thomas USVI where we did 8 dives with Chris Sawyer's dive op. We had a great time and were very impressed by the Sawyer dive op, which we will recommend without hesitation. Our first two dives were done on the RMS Rhone which lies in the British Virgin Islands. The Rhone dives took up a full day (i.e. 8AM to 5 PM) but it was worth it since the boat ride down the Francis Drake channel was beautiful. The dive briefings we were given were most informative. During our dives on the wreck the info we received during the briefings allowed us to comprehend what we were seeing and it made the dives all the more enjoyable. Our other 6 dives were done on local reefs within minutes of the dock. These dives, while not as spectacular as the Rhone dives, offered plenty of beautiful coral formations with loads of fish lobsters eels, barracuda and turtles. The local dives were primarily done as drift dives while on the Rhone we descended/ascended the mooring line.
We estimated the visibilty to be about 50 feet on average, more than enough for we New Englanders! The water temp was about 80 degrees.
The Islands are beautiful and while the diving is not the best Carribean diving we have experienced it is certainly worth doing. As stated before we would heartly recommend Chris Sawyer and the crew of the Seabiscuit as your guides.

I was also impressed with Chris Sawyer. I wish I had been down there long enough to do the wreck of the Rhone.

Back
Top Bottom