Curacao "High Season" / Christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WoodyLompoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We have only experienced Curacao during the low (summer) season and are now thinking of giving it a try around Christmas. For those who have experienced it during the high season; are the crowds annoying, can you find a place to park when you visit town, are the shore diving sites highly impacted? Oh yes, are the locals just as friendly when they are up to their necks in tourists?

This is from the staying on the island perspective, not the quick cruise ship stop perspective.

Thanks

Can't speak for Christmas but go every year 2 weeks at Thanskgiving (this year 3!!!) and not crowded at all. It is way less touristy than Aruba. Locals are a great bunch and I cannot imagine them being anything but nice.. a friendly "bon dia" goes a long way.... Having said that the service in Curacao is never quick and efficient I mean never ever. Personally, I like it that way on vacation.

Was in Bonaire last Christmas some restaurants were pre booked but no issues with dive sites you pay full rates and high air costs but underwater not notice a thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for nice or middle nice restaurants you will need to book ahead of time, the beach's will be somewhat crowded, best thing is beat everybody early in the morning so you park your car in a better spot and have a nice beach view, the west of course will be less crowded but still it will be better to be there early in the morning, some private beach's open a lityle late 9 or 10am so you need to time it right to get a good spot in the beach, don't leave unatended things on the beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom