Lionfish eradicators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjrob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We have a group of bloodthirsty killers chomping at the bit to take out their animalistic urges on the lionfish population around Curaçao. Anyone have any experience with operators there who offer such opportunities? I'd sure appreciate your impressions.

Me, I just find the little devils to be downright delicious.

Disclaimer: it is highly likely that some animals will be, at the very least, injured during this event. Some will be digested.

Good luck. I hope you have better luck there than I did in Bonaire. They don't allow visitors to hunt their lionfish on Bonaire. In fact, someone claimed they will confiscate your spears at the airport if they find them.. The best I could find was to go with a local and help him find them by pointing them out. Thrilling huh..?

The below link seems less than inviting..

http://curacaochronicle.com/social/public-prosecution-allows-hunting-lionfish/

I expect things will eventually change once the fish populations on the reef finally diminish to a certain point.

Last edited:
Hello please pm me . I take groups on lionfish safaris ,i also offer a padi lionfish hunting specialty .

gb

Back
Top Bottom