Cheapest Unlimited Shore Diving & Rental Car In Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PacoRocco6

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are heading down to Curacao right after Christmas. Been there at NYE for diving before & loved it. Last time we stayed at Nos Krusero in Westpunt & rented unlimited tanks & a rental car from OE West (Now Go West Diving). This time we're staying in Jan Thiel & want to rent unlimited tanks there.

Anyone know who the best outfit to rent unlimited tanks from is? Looking to just pick up 4-6 tanks every night or morning and go out for our day of diving. Been looking at The Dive Bus or Relaxed Guided Divers but I'm not sure if they have the volume of tanks that OE West had where we could just grab a bunch and go. Worried that they might just allow us to take 2 at a time which would make shore diving the whole island annoyingly difficult.

Also, which car rental company is best/cheapest? Been looking at Just Drive Curacao as they have vehicles with all insurance included & an additional driver for $305 with airport pickup & dropoff.

I found that most dive sites had ops on site, so we used their tanks when possible, thereby limiting the amount of tanks we had to lug around. We always kept 2 tanks per person at the start of the day, and never ran out.

5 of us dove 3-4 dives/day. We mostly hauled tanks (rented a truck for it specially) and rented from Discover Dive in Lagun. Obviously not convenient from Jan Thiel though. Sometimes we'd take 10-12 at a time and they didn't have a problem with it. We also stayed a few days in Lagun so swapped when we drove by. They even have a pickup height loading dock and a rack for empties.

The main Ocean Encounters shop by the Sea Aquarium had a lot of tanks also IIRC. That's not too far from Jan Thiel.
I don't really know if they will allow you to take a lot of tanks though - they have some different policies...

I can whole heartedly recommend Just Drive Curacao, we two cars from them last year and they were fantastic to deal with. We were parked on the road one day and someone sideswiped one of the cars. When we returned the car I was worried that somehow the included insurance might not take care of it. They said, don't worry about it we will take care of it, and they did. I will rent from them again.

Back
Top Bottom