Bequia - best snorkling spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dierenarts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So we're probably going to Bequia since it seems "easier" to get to than some of the other smaller islands. Anyone know the best snorkling spots? Bets places to stay/eat? Unfortunately not able to dive this trip :depressed:. Going mid-February some time.

We have been to Bequia 11 or 12 times usually in June. It's a wonderful small island with the busy time of year like much of the Caribbean in the winter. I'm not sure I'd consider Bequa an easy island to get to unless you are comparing it to other islands of the Grenadines. We fly StL to MIA to Barbados or Grenada on major airlines and then LIAT to St Vincent and then ferry over to Bequia. It's a long trip. You can fly into Bequia on SVG Air or Mustique Airlines, It's rather pricy compared to the ferry and we've never had luck making the connection. The island has lots of steep cliffs that run down to the water leaving very few places to enter the water for shore diving or snorkeling other than the lovely beaches which I'm not sure have much to see. That being said we have had good luck snorkeling in front of the abandoned property at the end of the Belmont walkway others have enjoyed the snorkeling between Princess Margaret Beach and Lower Bay. There can be lots of boat traffic that you need to pay attention to if you venture very far off shore. Perhaps the best way to get to see lots of fish, coral, sponges etc is to go out with Dive Bequia on their boat Dive Bequia - scuba diving in bequia especially if they are going to Moonhole or Devils Table/Rocky Bay. Cathy and Bob are wonderful folks, run a great shop and are a wealth of information on all things Bequia. My favorite places to eat Papa's, Mac's Pizza and Gingerbread and of course Maranne's Ice Cream and Gingerbread Cafe (cookies and cakes) and the little ice cream shop down town next to the bank. Tripadvisor lists lots of other restaurants that are certainly worth looking into. Have a great time and enjoy this wonderful little island.

We were in Bequia for 2 wks last Feb. Beautiful. Check vrbo.com or flipkey for places to stay.we were on friendship bay. For snorkelling go down the beach to the right facing the water from Bequia beach hotel. Out on the point there was lots to see. Just watch the surf as you go out around the point it can get rough. We tried lots of the restaurants and bars along the walkway in admiralty bay. All were good. Have a Roti for sure. Also Bequia dive adventures will take snorklers out with a dive group..Ron and Laury are great. If you are into hiking a must do is La Souffriere volcano on st vincent. Go with Hazeco tours and ask for Elroy as a guide fantastic. We are planning to go back. The diving you said you can't do this trip....i did 10 last feb. Great dives .you may want to reconsider!! Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom