Sunscape Curacao - opinions!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dhboner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am looking at a vacation to the Sunscape Curacao next June. I plan on diving but it won't be exclusively a dive trip so I am more interested in reviews of the resort..rooms, food etc.

Thanks all!

Bob

Hello Bob,

I have been to Curacao twice. The last trip was in Feb., 2014. We stayed at Sunscapes and were very satisfied with the resort for the money. The property is well manicured and has a beutiful beach with a protected lagoon so it is very calm and kid friendly. The snorkeling within the lagoon was surprisingly good and relaxing. We stayed in the premium room building for a few extra bucks which is a little quieter area of the resort particularly in the evenings when the entertainment starts. The resort was lively in the evenings but not outrageous. Just people enjoying the music, dancing and having fun. Our room was nice and had a great ocean view from the reasonably sized balcony. The few extra bucks for the premium room also included stocking the refrigerator with beer, soda, water every day and whenever needed and more secluded pool and beach area. The food was pretty good overall. There is a large dining area with a buffet with many options which is used for breakfast and lunch and then for dinner there are several individual restaurants serving several types of cuisine. There is a Japanese style hibachi restaurant which was good and a lot of fun. There is an Italian restaurant which was very good and comfy. There are also 2 beachfront type restaurants, one is seafood the other is more of a bistro type. There are 2 general seating times for some of the restaurants so you send one of your party out early to get your groups spot in line for the restaurant you choose for dinner. Overall for an all inclusive resort the experience was very good, the staff very friendly and I would recommend it.

The diving was good as expected. The on site operator is "Ocean Encounters" and they have several boats operating for the several resorts they service. They do have rental gear if needed and keeping your gear there in their secure drying room is not a problem. Shore diving the House reef is pretty nice just on the outside of the lagoon wall. I also dove with "The Dive Bus", a shore dive outfit located just accross the road from Sunscapes. They were a great bunch of friendly folks giving very personalized service. I used both operatrs and was very satisfied with the service.

If you want or need any more specific details let me know.

Pat

Thanks very much Pat!

Back
Top Bottom