carricou

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Viking73

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone we are already looking for next years vacation . Considering Carricou. Any and all info is appreciated. Diving and surface!! Thanks

Have a look at Deefer Diving on Carriacou. Gary and Alex have an excellent operation, located in Hillsborough.

Dive Carriacou Grenada with Deefer Diving

Carriacou is "rustic" to be sure. Like the Carribean of a couple of decades ago.

We had a fun 16 days there. We were going to use Deefer but the villa we used was 15+ minutes away. So we used Lumbadive in Tyrell bay only 2 minutes away. It took some effort to get there but was a very nice trip. We flew into Barbados, took SVG air to Union then a boat ride to Carriacou. Not the cheapest option for sure with customs in and out of Union island. If you can get to Grenada directly you can either fly or take the ferry to Carriacou, usually you'll have to overnight in Grenada first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm hoping to do a few dives in the area Spring 2016. Wife and I used to vacation on the Windjammers back in the '90s before they went defunct. I dived in the BVIs and off St. Kitts during one of the trips. A group has resurrected one of the ships (the S/V Mandalay) on the Grenadines & Tobago Cays itinerary out of Grenada. I would love to do another "barefoot cruise" with a bit of diving tossed in.

We had a fun 16 days there. We were going to use Deefer but the villa we used was 15+ minutes away. So we used Lumbadive in Tyrell bay only 2 minutes away. It took some effort to get there but was a very nice trip. We flew into Barbados, took SVG air to Union then a boat ride to Carriacou. Not the cheapest option for sure with customs in and out of Union island. If you can get to Grenada directly you can either fly or take the ferry to Carriacou, usually you'll have to overnight in Grenada first.

We flew in from Toronto via Caribbean, overnighted in Grenada and took the plane the next day to Carriacou. We took the ferry on the way back.

My wife learned to dive at the old marine ecology school on Carriacou back in the mid 70's.

When we went Air canada didn't start flying into Grenada until Dec 27th, too late. I fly on Aeroplan so our trips are around AC's schedules. On our villa we saw the SVG flight many times land and take off.

Sisters rocks and Tropical hill were very nice sites. I saw a lot of critters, flame lobster, magnificent urchin, seahorse, shrimps of various kinds. Not many apex predators though. Lumbadive saw several octopi last week. My son speared 17 Lionfish, bring your spear if you have one. One one dive we swam between the pinnacles of S. Rock and the colors were vibrant and the waves crashing made for a beautiful underwater scene. Some of the closer sites to the island did have a lot of algae overgrowth. The far sites are only 15 minutes away, after a 2 tank morning were were done around 12-12:15.

One poster has said where they stayed. I'm planning to be thrre in May. Any recommendations for accommodations other than that set out in mikeycanuk's post? TIA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom