St Lucia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike C

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Will soon be going to St Lucia for a few days vacation. Is the diving OK - any good operators?

I was happy with Scuba Steve's on a cruise ship stop (booked independently). My trip report.

On my honeymoon in '06 the wife & I did a rainforest hike to a (cold) waterfall & back; beautiful, but wear shoes with good traction because you could turn an ankle easily.

I get the sense St. Lucia, a lushly vegetated mountainous island, is a destination where people who are going anyway dive, rather than one chosen solely for diving (as opposed to Bonaire & Cozumel). But my 2 tanks were enjoyed.

Richard.

We went to St. Lucia a long time ago so things may have changed. In fact the resort/dive op we used are now gone - and that's a good thing because we didn't like them very much.

My memory is that it was one of the most beautiful Caribbean islands I have seen. The diving was pleasant but not spectacular. It was what is sometimes described as "a good macro-photography opportunity" meaning there were mostly smaller fish and creatures but nothing big or dramatic. We had a nice time and enjoyed the diving but we haven't been back.

Last edited:
Dove with Scuba Steve (one day off cruise ship), good OP IMO------definitely dive Piton Wall--ie Superman's Flight etc.........Here are my St Lucia UW pics---beautiful coral but not much fishlife, as you can tell in pics.........

https://www.flickr.com/photos/80825593@N08/sets/72157630274191198/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/80825593@N08/sets/72157630521027672/

EDIT.:IF you can make it 2 islands north of there--------GET THERE....ie Dominica, now that is world class diving, MANY times better than what I saw @ SL.....

Scuba Steve. Good op. Safe and well run. Sandwiches were yummy. 6 divers, 2 snorkellers, 3 DM and Captain.
Would use again

Been there twice and last time in 2007 for maybe around 15-20 dives total. A hurricane had done some damage to shallower sites. The deeper sites and those to the south near the Pitons were in decent shape then. The diving was ok just not great. They did have a wreck or two that were interesting. Best diving is to the South near Pitons. St. Lucia is more known as a honeymoon spot than for diving but still worth diving if you are there. Great topside location tho.

We were in St.Lucia several years ago en route to Bequia. Each time we did 8-10 dives with Frog's Diving in Rodney Bay which no longer is in business. Favorite dive sites in the North: Bird Sh*t Rock; The Rock; and a pinnacle that rose to maybe 10 feet below the surface, Eagle Ray Pinnacle?, which Tommy, the owner, took us to as part of training a new dive guide, fun dive blue water drop and climbing back on rocky boat was very exciting. South: LeSleen M - beautiful wreck covered with coral, sponges and jv fish; Fairyland - the name says it: Superman's Flight- below the Pitons ripping current when we did it and we were warned of possible down currents which didn't happen but amazing dive. We really enjoyed the diving in St. Lucia it was a 35+ minute boat ride to the south sites but Tommy provided wonderful cheese sandwiches and juice, water to drink. Disclaimer - I'm generally a very happy diver. Drop me in clear, warm, blue water and I'll have a great time in muck, nearly bare rocks, fabulous reefs or steep walls YMMV. Have a great time!

Happy Diving! Cat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom