House Reef At Marazul Dive Resort (Curacao)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schlackerrat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This probably has been discussed in the past, but I'm tired of looking back in past treads trying to find this answer. Can someone please give me their experience with Marazul Dive Resort's house reef or link me to a past thread on this location? I'm close to finalizing my lodging with them. Any response would be great! Thanks

This Feb. we stayed at Marazul for the first time. Since I did not come across much feedback or any information, I kept my expectations low. Turns out, it was on of my favorite dives! There are two sets of steps on the property which will get you to the ocean. Choose the one on the north end. Newer steps, hand rails, ladder make it much easier than the south side steps. It is not a far swim out to reef. I think I enjoyed the dive more when we turned left. Either way, you will have some awesome dives.

You can check out my trip report which will give you more info on diving at Marazul
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/le...ck-5th-trip-curacao-nitty-gritty-details.html

Last edited:
I can't see how it could be bad.

It's just south of Playa Kalki which is the best shore dive in that area.
Playa Forti just north of Marazul is another known dive.
And Kortape off the point south of Marazul is one of those "unknown" boat dives that Go West Dving goes to regularly.

Curaçao Shorediving - West

House reef is in my opinion really cool. Lots of turtles and some seahorses. Playa Kalki is also really close and a bit healthier coral reef:)

I have dove it a lot but it can be tricky because its not a steep ledge like most dives so its very easy to get turned around but its a very nice dive.

So it's been a while and I'm bumping this up.... Cause I have a new question.
I've made my reservation and will be staying at Marazul Dive Resort from Jan. 13th - 23rd. And reading around this forum about diving Curacao, I've noticed that some of the dive resorts have gear lockers on their site. Does Marazul?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom