Scooter Dives on Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schlackerrat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've done several Scooter Dives while vacationing on Maui but now I'm heading to Curacao for my first time. Wondering if theres any operation(s) that guides on scooters on this island? I've search the web with no luck on finding any, which surprises me!

I'm reliably certain Atlantis has them. Be hard to teach the specialty without one right? Atlantis Diving Curacao - PADI DPV course They look like SeaDoo's however.

If I had to pick a 2nd possibility it would be Caribbean Sea Sports at the Marriott. While they don't list them, they have a lot of water related toys.
Maybe Go West in Westpunt also? Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any on Curacao either.

Odd because you would think that for the shops on-site at the shore dive sites it would be a no-brainer.

I understand with the currents on Maui the luxury of scooters. On Curacao with the reef 10 kicks from shore and typical quite mild current i think you would miss seeing really cool stuff happening with a scooter.

I won't recommend scooter dives on Curacao either. The marco life is really good on Curacao, and with scooter dives u will probably miss the most of them. And on most dive sites there will be no current:). More info about guided dives > diving@scubalodge.com

With a good scooter like an X-Scooter or a Genesis I think Watamula from shore nearby could be a reality. Sometimes you just want to get somewhere fast. We use them in Maui to get out to a site you can't normally swim to from shore without a really difficult entry. Launching from the beach nearby is easy.

We have the sea doo scooters in Aruba and they are great with the strong currents but if they die on you, then you are really up a creek. Currents with a dead scooter!!! I have been to Cur many times and you won't need a scooter there. Check out: Curious2 dive. Hans is awesome!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom