Good operator in Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dgrow

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm heading to Aruba next weekend. Any recommendations on a good dive operator?

Thanks,

DG

Dove with Clive (DiveAruba) in 2009. He was a one man show. I'm glad I had the experience of going through him, but not everyone would like how he runs the show.

He picked my buddy and I up each day we dove. Drove to his house for initial dive to fill out paperwork. Everyday there was a new diver, we went to his house so they could complete paperwork. The time varied daily as to the time we actually left for dives, thus there was no definite time for a return. Next he drove us to his boat. He was very particular about how he did things and did it all by himself. You didn't want to move in the boat without fear of getting in his way and him letting you know about it. We got tickled about this. Once we were at a dive site, he would take us down, stay with us about 20 minutes and then swim back to get the boat and meet us where he thought we would come up. All dives were drift dives. He's a nice guy, just very set in his ways. I would dive with him again but my buddy would not.

His email back then was: divearuba@setarnet.aw

Would be interested to know if he still runs things the same way today.

Dove with Clive of Dive Aruba this past February. Top notch. Class A operation. I would dive with him again without question.

---------- Post added May 29th, 2015 at 11:33 AM ----------

Check out this thread>>> Saves me from typing same thing over again

Cheers

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/le...a-curacao-need-dive-shop-recommendations.html

He is set in his ways and is a one man show, but his equipment and boat are spotless and everything he does is based on safety. The biscuits he gives out on the SI are to die for!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom